Earth Tones Round Ripple

CrochetDad

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great RR, Gene! Your chosen colors play nice together -I like! Thank you for thinking to bring your RR over from the CAL!

Such a lovely looking afghan! Your crochet skills are, as usual, very impressive. The choice of border fits right in with the scheme. Nice job! Thank you for sharing with us.

I like how you started the blanket. The center is nice. Where did you get the pattern?

The original pattern was written by Aggie May here on Crochetville. You can pick up a free copy from Crochet Pattern Central here:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/afghans.php

Look for the pattern called "Nine-Pointed Star Round Ripple Afghan"

The colors in this RR inspired me to try to make one. My practice one is in blues and white tho. My aunt gave me some blue yarn and I had some soft white so I thought I would make my first one for her. She will be surprised when she gets the package in the mail.

If it turns out well I will make one in taupe, creams and browns.

I am in awe of your crocheting. So very pretty and love the edging.

Wow I got my first 9 point star ripple finished. It was not bad to do and actually fast. Altho I did use a larger hook than I should have. I only had problems when it got to the edging. No problem with the edging itself but where to put the stitches basically. It is all washed and ready to be mailed to my aunt.

Thanks for the inspiration CrochetDad. Next attemp will be for a pretty one for us.

Wow I got my first 9 point star ripple finished. It was not bad to do and actually fast. Altho I did use a larger hook than I should have. I only had problems when it got to the edging. No problem with the edging itself but where to put the stitches basically. It is all washed and ready to be mailed to my aunt.

Thanks for the inspiration CrochetDad. Next attemp will be for a pretty one for us.

Margret, I'd love to see it!

That is so pretty! Fantastic!

Thank you. These always looked like they would be hard to make but once I decided to try, it is not bad at all to do. I will make more for sure.

The navy and the royal yarns my aunt gave me. She is going to get my first one. Now that I can do it I will make some pretty ones.

:)Your first one turned out beautiful.... I love the colors together.... Did you do one row of royal blue in dc before you did the white border?.... I'm almost finished with my first 9-pointer too.... GBU!:manyheart

:)Your first one turned out beautiful.... I love the colors together.... Did you do one row of royal blue in dc before you did the white border?.... I'm almost finished with my first 9-pointer too.... GBU!:manyheart

Yes I did do a round of royal blue before the edging but in sc, but I think I will do it in dc next time. I thought it might make the edging show off a little more. I did the sedge stich for the border but was not sure how to do the inside corners but it turned out okay. Now I want to find out how to do that 3 ch rope stitch border.

Yes I did do a round of royal blue before the edging but in sc, but I think I will do it in dc next time. I thought it might make the edging show off a little more. I did the sedge stich for the border but was not sure how to do the inside corners but it turned out okay. Now I want to find out how to do that 3 ch rope stitch border.

Thank you for the info.... I love that rope border too....GBU!:manyheart

Archived