Earth Tones Round Ripple

CrochetDad

I finished this recently and shared it over on the Round Ripple CAL, so I thought those who don't visit over there might like to see my latest 9-pointed Round Ripple. Used single strand of Caron Worsted in One Pound skein in colors Lace and Taupe and Caron Wintuk Nutmeg. Border is sedge stitch (sc, 2dc in same st, sk 2, repeat). Thanks for looking!

post-13211-135897433394_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897433396_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As always, your work is beautiful! Thank you for sharing, this one is in my favorite colors! Looks so sophisticated!

That is a beauty. The colors are great.

And look at it laying there so nice and flat with no rippling and every stitch in place. How do you do that!? :lol

Just beautiful! You've got an excellent camera, too, the stitches are SO clearly defined in the photos! Wow! At first I thought you had crocheted it in another type of fiber, it was that clean looking! :clap

Thanks all for your kind remarks.

(I think) the sedge stitch looks great as a border for this afghan but it also looks great as a complete baby blanket - Here's a link to my Flickr page of one I did from a Leisure Arts pamphlet "Make One For Baby" a couple of years ago.

For the points of the RR, I did (sc, ch 3, sc) in the ch 2 loop of the previous round.

The camera is just a Kodak EasyShare from Costco - the real trick is (I think) using a tripod for a steady shot. To make the shot even steadier, I took the shot with the 2 second timer so I'm not even touching the camera when the picture is taken, for zero vibration.

As for laying flat, credit Aggie May - I asked for a 9-pointed RR pattern and this is what she came up with.

Archived