8" grannys need for a 'ville member *SENT & REC'D!*

MissColee

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many rounds should be in an 8 inch granny square?

Mine took 6, but every persons will be different based on their tension, hook used and so on. For size estimates a piece of printing paper in the US is commonly 8.5" x 11" so the block would be a little smaller than the narrow way of the paper. If you are comparing to A4 paper that is 8.27" X 11.69" also a little smaller than the narrow way of the paper. I hope that helps.

:sun.......... Good morning all........ :sun

I have 3 squares done... I need to get them wrapped up and mailed out!

I think this is going to be one fun comforghan! I really hope it brings some love and joy to Julee!!

How have you all been?

whats new... what have you been working on?

I have swap items I'm still getting together. I have had my knitting needles out alot lately ... getting them warmed up for making Christmas stockings for all my grandbabies. I also found a nice sweater pattern I want to make myself for the fall/winter season. Its a button up cardigan ... simple pattern... no fancy design... just a nice sweater to wrap up in for extra warmth when its cold.

I have an Aunt coming in from Missouri today... bring me mass amounts of yarn. She is going to kill my destashing mode... but thats okay... she will also save my pocket book. :D

Okay... off to get a refill on my :mug .... you all have a great day!!!!

:heart

:mug

Mine took 7 with a G hook, but as GreenFuzzer say, it depends on how tight or loose you crochet.:hook

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right! So,it doesn't matter if it takes 6 rounds or 8 rounds, as long as it is 8 inches :yarn

I have two done. I will mail them out tomorrow or Friday at the latest. I used Mexicana on one too. LOL. It reminds me of old Tie Dye shirts from the late 80's or early 90's.

Mine took 7 with a G hook, but as GreenFuzzer say, it depends on how tight or loose you crochet.:hook

Holy moly! Mine took 7 rounds with an I hook. :lol

I have 1 done so far. I got some other things finished up and now I will have more time to do things like this. :manyheart

Holy moly! Mine took 7 rounds with an I hook. :lol

I have 1 done so far. I got some other things finished up and now I will have more time to do things like this. :manyheart

:lol I think I used an H and it took me 6 rows. We are all different. :D

Archived