Lighthouse afghan pattern needed...

ashnnicksmom

Question

Hi everyone.

I am looking for a pattern to crochet an afghan with a lighthouse on it. :crocheting I do not know how to do filet crochet and that is the only pattern I have found. :think Does anyone have a pattern or have the link to a pattern for a lighthouse afghan or throw? In these tough times, like everyone else, I would love a free one or at least an unexpensive one! Thanks in advance. :hug

7 answers to this question

If you're willing to do a little work, go to Google and click on images. Then do a search for lighthouses. Find one you like, that doesn't have too much detail. Do a right click and save it to your hard drive. Then go here:

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

Follow the directions there. It will turn the picture into a graph in a matter of minutes.

Won't cost you a thing. Just a little effort on your part.

If you like the filet pattern, you could use the filet graph for an afghan by colorizing it. Consider each square a sc or tunisian stitch.

BTW filet is really easy, it is just dc and chain stitches :hook

ETA-being a threadie, I'd assumed the lighthouse pattern you found is for a thread wallhanging or similar. If it was for a filet afghan (yarn), each color square would be 3 dc or 3 edc (depending on how tight you make your dcs.)

Archived