Pineapples and Spirals Doily

The Shrone

I just finished this doily up last night and put it to block before going to bed. It's another "Doilies With a Twist" from the Patricia Kristoffersen collection. This one is called "Tala" and is going out to my Doily Swap partner.

This one proved to be a bit of a snit because I think two of the rounds were written incorrectly compared to the picture of the doily in the pattern booklet. I'm going to e-mail Patricia and see if that isn't the case.

With this doily I had the chance to use the new thread I found at my LYS that is to die for! It's made in Germany by Steinbach Wolle and is so soft it was a dream to crochet with! My LYS only has the variegated colors but hopefully she might get in the solids. I loved the way it worked up!

taladoily-thumb.jpgtaledoilycenter-thumb.jpgspiralperfected-thumb.jpg

Click on image to see enlargements

P.S. I've got one pattern left from the "Doilies With a Twist" booklet left to make. The ones I've made can be seen here. It took me three doilies before perfecting the spiral as you can see.

Lori I am in TOTAL awe of your 'doilyship' talents! Absolutely stunning beautiful work. That color and thread is to die for..well maybe, cry for....or just a few whines, LOL. Seriously though, it is gorgeous and a piece of art.

I love this doily! You do amazing work. I'm feeling really not-so-confident with myself with you as my Doily Swap partner!!

Lori Your doilies are just Beautiful. You do marvelous work. :hook

I also want to tell you how glad I am you are feeling better.

I have been waiting for you to get well as I have a question for you.

You mentioned you use the clover soft touch hooks in the thread sizes, I was wondering where you found them, as I have looked everywhere I can think of and am having no luck. Do they come in a full range of sizes? Don't mean to change the subject but I was really curious.

Yes, Clover makes thread hooks (Soft Touch) from sizes 1.75mm to .6mm (US 8-12) and I've bought all of mine from Lone Star Yarns. She ships fast and I've been very pleased and satisfied with her service. I have the entire set and just LOVE them! In fact, I more than love them---I worship them. They are a blessing to have and use!

~ Lori

Lori Your doilies are just Beautiful. You do marvelous work. :hook

I also want to tell you how glad I am you are feeling better.

I have been waiting for you to get well as I have a question for you.

You mentioned you use the clover soft touch hooks in the thread sizes, I was wondering where you found them, as I have looked everywhere I can think of and am having no luck. Do they come in a full range of sizes? Don't mean to change the subject but I was really curious.

Wow, amazing as always:cheer You do such beautiful work. I need to get that book, everytime you post a new Doily I tell myself I need to get it.

Mary

Archived