Seeking Herrschner's Hospitality Pineapple Afghan Pattern

Dawn143

Question

:(Does anyone know where I can find or buy Herrschener's Hospitality Pineapple Afghan pattern.... I have the pattern from 30 yrs ago from a kit and now it's all faded and I can't read most of it.... I would love to make this afghan once again..... I've been searching online for it but no luck! I would appreciate any info on this...Thanks so much... GBU!:manyheart

Love & Prayers,

Dawn

I also made this afghan many years ago. The kit was a birthday gift from my Mother to me, as she knew I loved it. It's the only afghan that I have made, that I have kept.

post-28899-13589766977_thumb.jpg

No "Super-Speedy Stitcher" here! Hope Herrschnerr's comes though for those who wants it.

My kit came with a light cinnamon 2 ply acrylic yarn and it appears that they also offered it in 2 other colors.

I will stay tuned,

KathyWho

I also have this pattern but as of yet have not been able to find a picture for it. It is called Hospitality Afghan. I inherited the pattern from my grandmother as well. Hopefully Herrshnerrs will let it be printed here. I tried at one point to crochet this. I'm not sure the pattern is correct as written. I ran into more than one problem with it. Finally ended up :froging it.

I also have this pattern but as of yet have not been able to find a picture for it. It is called Hospitality Afghan. I inherited the pattern from my grandmother as well. Hopefully Herrshnerrs will let it be printed here. I tried at one point to crochet this. I'm not sure the pattern is correct as written. I ran into more than one problem with it. Finally ended up :froging it.

You can Google it by name under images and it comes up. My bff and I both made this afghan and if there were errors in the pattern we worked them out, it's been a long time so I don't recall having problems. Hopefully Herrschners will allow it to be posted so everyone who wishes to make it can. :hook

I also have this pattern. I was just going through my patterns and there it was. It does not tell you how much yarn to use or what colors as I have read on here that it was sold in a kit. I also do not have a picture of the afghan. But I have a decent copy. I think I got mine at a garage sale or a thrift store. Patterns are becoming harder to find at thrift stores, too many people are looking for them. :-)

someone on ebay is offering one that has been torn from a book but if the original was only available in a kit, it can't be the same one. http://cgi.ebay.com/56A-Hospitality-Symbol-Pineapple-Afghan-CROCHET-PATTERN-/230638362413?pt=US_Crocheting_Knitting_Patterns&hash=item35b31e1f2d

Is it the same as the pattern on the front of this book? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036ZWCMU?ie=UTF8&tag=purplekittyya-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B0036ZWCMU If so -- it can be yours for $5.73! There are a couple of used ones for $4.99 too. It is very pretty!

I have a copy of "Favorite Throws and Table Toppers To Crochet" and will try to check it later to see if it is the same one too. I got caught up in a ridiculous ebay bidding war and bought it for an outrageous price a few years back. There is a copy of it on ebay now for the buy it now price of $8.something. I won't ever pay big money for old books again. They often show up on Amazon for very little money too -- they only go for the big bucks for short periods when people get excited. :/

I do have the pattern and picture and the complete kit. I just bought it all enclosed from a gift shop we visit every year. She was asking $8.00 and my DH offered her $5.50 when I walked into the other room. She accepted his offer. I was more then excited.

If Amy gets permission I will send the pattern to anyone who wants it. And do my best at scanning and posting a pic.

It is a lovely afghan.

KathyWho

Is it the same as the pattern on the front of this book? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036ZWCMU?ie=UTF8&tag=purplekittyya-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B0036ZWCMU If so -- it can be yours for $5.73! There are a couple of used ones for $4.99 too. It is very pretty!

I have a copy of "Favorite Throws and Table Toppers To Crochet" and will try to check it later to see if it is the same one too. I got caught up in a ridiculous ebay bidding war and bought it for an outrageous price a few years back. There is a copy of it on ebay now for the buy it now price of $8.something. I won't ever pay big money for old books again. They often show up on Amazon for very little money too -- they only go for the big bucks for short periods when people get excited. :/

:)I bought the book that's in the link posted here, "pretty pineapples" the one in there looks like the hospitality one, that's why I bought the book... also, a friend mailed me their original pattern... After all of this fuss, I still haven't started another one... to many other projects in the fire to finish..I'm sure no one else has this problem, right?! LOL!:lol GBU!:manyheart

I also made this afghan many years ago. The kit was a birthday gift from my Mother to me, as she knew I loved it. It's the only afghan that I have made, that I have kept.

:)Your's turned out lovely.. really nice work! GBU!:manyheart

Thanks. I do remember it was the first afghan that I made with sport wt yarn. I had always used ww before. I still find that patterns made with "pineapples" are a big favorite.

my mother bought this pattern and could not figure it out I told her I would try it I called the company and received another copy of the pattern there was a mistake somewhere but can not remember were (am not at home as I have no internet at home) but I did finish this afghan and gave it to my mother then when she died I got it back

While I know everyone would love to see the picture from the pattern now, please hold off posting any until (if) we get permission to post the pattern here.

Of course, if you're a super-speedy stitcher and finish your own afghan, you're welcome to post pictures of it anytime! :)

Hi Amy- Just wondering if you ever get a response from Herrschner's?

No, I never got a response on this issue.

Since it looks like we aren't going to be able to assist anyone looking for this pattern, I'm going to close this thread.

Those of you who are lucky enough to have this pattern, please remember that even though it's out of print, it is still subject to copyright protection. So, to avoid issues with our forum guidelines, please don't send copies to other Crochetville members, via post, PM, or email.

And members, please don't contact any of those who have said they have the pattern and ask them to send you a copy.

You can contact Herrschnerr's and let them know you're interested if they would reprint the pattern. And those who have the pattern can contact Herrschnerr's with an offer to send a copy back to them so they can reprint it.

If you have a scanner, here is what I do sometimes:

I scan the document or pattern as a jpg file. Then I 'edit' the picture to make it darker, or I change 'color' options. Sometimes this will help make it just dark enough to read. And then I write it out so I have it.

:)Thanks Autumn for the tip.... I guess I can try, only the pic is not visable at all anymore.... Well, maybe a teeny, tiny bit!... GBU!:manyheart

Maybe if you would post a picture or any info about the pattern number here we could all search for you! Hugs, Chrissy

I'm sorry, the pic and info is very , faded.... Only some of the rows are readable.... Maybe I will try and phone Herrschner's about it.... I'm thinking because it's so old, they won't have it..... The afghan is done in one piece, if that helps.... Thanks for trying everyone.... GBU! :manyheart

Well guys..... I emailed Herrschner's.... got a response.. they told me the pattern was no longer available and their stock was depleted.... Wish they would bring the pattern back..... I did find the number on my sheet. It's #3160.... GBU!:):)

If you have a scanner, here is what I do sometimes:

I scan the document or pattern as a jpg file. Then I 'edit' the picture to make it darker, or I change 'color' options. Sometimes this will help make it just dark enough to read. And then I write it out so I have it.

Archived