"Bright Spiral" blankie and hat

darski

This blankie was made by extending the spiral placemat pattern from RH. It is very, very ruffley but I was too far into it to rip it all out after I saw how much it made.

The bright golden yellow does make it so bright and cheerful. I really like the look of the shells/picots to finish the edge. I am just hoping that someone will enjoy the bright colours - would look good in a primary colours nursery.

post-4896-135897430917_thumb.jpg

At one point, I was working on a jacket to go with it but it would have ended up on What Not to Crochet so I stopped :rofl

post-4896-135897430914_thumb.jpg

this set came out really nice !!!!!! .........a solid sweater with trim would like great.......but you are right.......a spiral would make the baby cry (lol)

I love it, Darski! Your afghan has kind of a magical spin to it, sure to brighten any little one's day.....Wasn't there a spiral at the beginning of the yellow brick road in the Wizard of Oz? -That's what it reminds me of. Very nice work!

I love it! Very creative, like most everything you do! :yes Is that hat your pattern or one you can share?

Just remembered (thanks for the reminder) to post the link for the pinwheel placmat.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Seasonal/WR1898+Pinwheel+Place+Setting.htm

the hat was made using the spiral start but with hdc instead of dc. I worked the standard circle pattern - keeping track of my two colours - for 5 rows. I worked evenly for another 10 rows: 5 of each colour. I closed out the two colours by work 2 sc then 1 sl st.

The ear flap is worked over 7 sts.

2 rows even with 7 hdc

-> hdc 2tog, hdc in 3, hdc 2 tog.

-> hdc in 2, hdc 2 toge, hdc in last

-> hdc in 3, hdc 3 tog.

tie: chain 35 and sl st along chain. Break off and tidy all ends.

If you want a fancy end, after ch 35, 3dc in 3rhd ch from hook, ch 2 sl st in 3rd ch from hook and then sl st down the chain. I like thicker ties for hats. Just a habit.

Georgeous!!! I love the colors, the ruffle.... I love everything about that afghan!!!!!

The hat is adorable and makes such a cute addition for a set.

You do beautiful work... thanks for sharing.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my goodness Darski! I've been dreaming about a spiral blanket pattern for a while and now you've given me one! Thank you so much for sharing. Yours is beautiful and I'm going to make one myself that I hope will be half as stunning! Thanks again!!!

Archived