Garden Trellis in Shades of Lavender

Heather414

I made this afghan as a birthday gift for a good friend on mine. We are meeting for lunch on Saturday and I wasn't sure I'd be able to get it done in time. But, :yay, I did!

The pattern is called Garden Trellis and is from Vanna's Afghans All Through the House (pg 94). In the book, the project is done in shades of green. My friends bedroom is purple, which is why I chose the shades of lavender. The color contrast is quite bold. :eek I think if I make this again in the future, I would select softer hues. :rainbow I used Caron One Pound in Deep Violet and Lilac.

Please excuse the poor picture quality, our camera is on it's last leg. I've told Santa and he's working on it for Christmas. ;)

Thank you for looking! :manyheart

post-28160-135897430437_thumb.jpg

post-28160-135897430441_thumb.jpg

post-28160-135897430443_thumb.jpg

That's beautiful! How difficult was it to make?

Thank you! :) It was actually very easy to make. You carry the colors up the side of the project, so you only have to change color when your skein runs out. Very minimal weaving in ends. :clap

That is gorgeous, Heather! I love that pattern stitch and your color choice, so rich. Beautiful work! Thank you for sharing.

Thank you! :) It was actually very easy to make. You carry the colors up the side of the project, so you only have to change color when your skein runs out. Very minimal weaving in ends. :clap

Hmmm, now I have to decide if I want to make this or the Prairie Star for my parents for Christmas. Decisions, decisions :think

Heather- Your afghan is stunning! I would love to make this in the same colors for my purple-crazed sis. She would go ga-ga if she saw yours! Guess I better look for the book. Thank you for sharing your project.

Wow! :eek That is really beautiful. I think it would be pretty in a lapghan size, too for the nursing home. I'll have to look for that book. I really like the "not too many ends" part. :hook

Rita K.

Archived