Just wanted to share my dishcloths!

sarastitched

I've been working on knitted dishcloths like CRAZY. If anyone wants the pattern, let me know! My grandma shared the pattern with me, so it's mostly in my head. :lol I like to make adjustments to it and play around with the pattern.

I'm working on this one right now- I'll be adding pictures as I keep adding to it. :)

post-22608-135897430212_thumb.jpg

post-22608-135897430218_thumb.jpg

I love this pattern, it's the only thing I knit... and badly... Yours looks great.... Somehow I can't manage to keep them square.... they end up triangle by the time I'm finished... Got any tips? Maybe my pattern is different... got it from a friend..please share yours... Thanks! GBU!:):)

I start w/ 4 stitches, knit across the row.

Next row: knit 2, add a stitch (i called it yarn over), knit across the row.

etc etc etc until you're done

Knit 1, then knit 2 stitches together, yarn over, knit 2 stitches together. knit across the row.

And on and on until you're done, then bind off.

(As you can tell, I don't really know the terminology.)

I start w/ 4 stitches, knit across the row.

Next row: knit 2, add a stitch (i called it yarn over), knit across the row.

etc etc etc until you're done

Knit 1, then knit 2 stitches together, yarn over, knit 2 stitches together. knit across the row.

And on and on until you're done, then bind off.

(As you can tell, I don't really know the terminology.)

:)Thanks so much for sharing your pattern.... GBU!:manyheart

i am trying to teach myself to knit right now and this is just the thing to help me along. my dm was a wiz at it. she died when i was 11 and i never got the chance for her to teach me so to honor her i have decided to learn on my own...i still love crocheting best but i have to learn to knit also...i think she would be proud :manyheart

1 question what size needle do you use with ww cotton??? told you i was new at this

I usually use anywhere from a size 6 to a size 9. I'd say the best size would be a size 7 or 8 though. Not to loose and not to tight and still works up pretty quickly. If you want real quick use a size 9.

Good luck with the knitting!!

Sara, I've made quite a few of those but they never look that good. Well, the bottom looks okay but near the finishing point it looks kinda.... yucky.

Julee

Julee

Archived