Crafts 2000 chain stores: We have one!

Becky Morgan

The description in the paper didn't sound all that great, and we wondered why it would be worth having a Crafts 2000 as an anchor store at the Ohio Valley Mall...

...and then we happened to be out there.

Boy howdy, that was a surprise! :clap:c9They had everything from drafting supplies to woodworking. I hadn't seen yarn listed, but there was the sign hanging up. I went back. Try three or four aisles of yarn, plus an aisle of Boye, Bates and Clover hooks and knitting needles. The biggie for me was finding the entire aisle of bagged mill ends. A bag of three skeins of Homespun set me bnack $4.97. I also got a batch of elastic sock yarn--didn't know it WAS elastic till I got it home; I'd meant it for baby clothes because of the colors, but now it's probably going to turn into slippers since it doesn't seem slick. That was $4.97 too. Bags of white Caron Simply Soft or Chunky mill ends were $3.47. A pound of cotton (don't know whose, Bernat, P&C or S&C) was $6.47.:cheer

If you're traveling I-70 through eastern Ohio this year, the mall is at Exit 218 on the south side of the interstate.

I had never heard of it either, but sounds like a lot of fun- and great prices. Did a search to see if there was any near me, but looks like they are only in Monroe, MI, Parkersburg, West Va and Ohio.

They are owned by the same company that owns JoAnn's I have heard. I am very near Parkersburg, WV. They do have some yarn here. I think it is three aisles. The nice thing is that there is a Gabriel's, Big Lots, and Dollar Tree all in that same plaza here. It is the only other place besides Joann's and Walmart to buy yarn. You will probably find that if you have a JoAnn's nearby that they will start not to carry alot of yarn. I am glad you found a new place to by yarn.

Archived