Just one more row and then I'll...

:crocheting:crocheting:crochetingGet ready for bed... No wait, I'll do another row and then I'll do the dishes really quick... Just one more single row and I'll brush my teeth and then I'll turn out the lights, and then I'll go to bed... :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

Ever have this happen? Where you know you need to go to bed because you have things to do in the morning, but you still want to keep working on a project even though you could easily squeeze in time during the next day to do it?

I keep telling myself I'll get ready for bed after such and such row on the Granny Ripple Afghan I'm working on, but no matter what, I keep coming back either onto here, or taking it out and working on it some more. Three rows was enough to get the pattern stuck in my head that I'm pretty sure that when I finally do turn out the light, that I run the risk of doing some sleep-crocheting. Maybe it's just the heat, making me want to not be completely still, or maybe it's just that I want to have something to show off on my way to work on monday. :crocheting

...that I run the risk of doing some sleep-crocheting.

-Dawn, that's what I call sweet dreams! :lol

I too am a slave to "just one more", be it project row or Crochetville thread...What's a crocheter to do?...Might as well go with the flow - Face it, we're hooked! :hook So, here's to tucking in "just one more" before bed-time. Sweet dreams.

It happens to all of us at one time or other. Just means we love to crochet.

I have stayed up really late trying to get things done and boy, do I suffer for it. But the best time to crochet is when my family is asleep. No one to bug me.

:manyheart

Me too, me too, me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always going for that 1 last row until my hubbie yells at me to come to bed or actually takes the hook out of my hand to get me to stop crocheting.

I think I am an addict.

:lol My... I do that all day long if I could...no sooner I sit down and get started good... it's time to put it down to cook..I just keep telling myself one more row..but I can hardly get that one more row done! :lol

And if I'm not cooking that is interfering it is one of the kids that needs me to get them a drink! :lol

Then bed... what is that! :crocheting My one more row has never finished yet! :lol I sometimes wonder if I will ever be done w/ that one more row! :think

Probably not.. but truly I don't mind!

That one more row keeps me very busy.. rather I need to be or not!!! :lol

aaahhh... OneMoreRow-itis! I know it well, although I have been missing it lately. :devilI think it's about to hit me in a BIG way this week, though! I've done a lot of extra things around here, and will have little more than "Moooom! can I please have...." to distract me:clap:clap

I ALOMOST OneMoreRowed myself into wetting myself earlier!!! I only admit that because I know all of you would understand. :lol Let’s face it someone had to admit to it and it might as well be me. :blush

I ALOMOST OneMoreRowed myself into wetting myself earlier!!! I only admit that because I know all of you would understand. :lol Let’s face it someone had to admit to it and it might as well be me. :blush

I laughed so hard at that I almost wet myself!!! I thought I was the only one who took it that far...haha!!:yes

I know. I'll be so engrossed in my crocheting, I'll forget to go to the bathroom before I leave for work, or before I leave work to get home and during the bus ride to or from work I will realize, oh noes, I need to go potty!

LOL I'll keep doing the one more row and next thing I know it's 3 am and my fiance's alarm wakes me at 6 am then our son gets up anywhere between 7:45 and 9:30 am... but then it's not only confined to crocheting... I do it when i'm reading also ;)

this has happened to me before everything crocheting involves one more row I crocheted a little today and then my youngest daughter said mom you won't play tag because all you do is crochet :lol though I think she might be the one to pick up the crochet bug she has the slipknot down now we just need to work on making chains and her not making the chains into knots

I am a one more row before I.... person as well. Since Menopause has set in, I don't sleep well at night. So most night I am up and down. I will pick up my WIP to get one more row in as I am up anyway. I actually fell asleep with the hook in hand in the middle of a double crochet the other night. And in the early morning hours DH is waking me telling me, "Honey I think you might be more comfortable in bed."

I completely relate to this! :lol

I find that I tend to get this way with a complicated pattern, where I want to get to a certain point before I put it down, so that it will be easier to pick up next time. But then...I look at the pattern and decide, "No, I need to crochet to THIS point instead." And then a few rows later, "No, I REALLY need to get to this point, so that I can just pick it up again at the DC rows, which will be easier." Then a show will come on TV and I'll say to myself, "Well, actually, I can do these DC rows while 'The Mentalist' is on, so that I can enjoy the show and do some easy crocheting at the same time..."

And so on, until I suddenly discover that it's midnight and I'm supposed to be up at 5:00 a.m. :eek

I am the same way one more row it especially happens when I crochet get a rhythm going I figure couple more rows and I will go to bed but somehow time flies by I have found myself up in the wee hours. Crocheting is so relaxing me and sometimes I also have been on my computer looking at patterns to wee hours in the morning too. I amaze myself how much I do get done then it is on to next crochet project.

I usually say, "Let me finish this row." :yes I hate stopping in the middle of a row. But with an almost 1 year old, I don't always get to stop at the end of the row! If he wakes up and needs me, I have to put down the crochet hook and get him. :yes My 4 year old grandson will usually wait until I'm finished with the row before we do what he wants.

When I "one more row" until 3 AM, I usually wind up frogging the next day :lol. I've :crocheting in my "sleep". It was a dream so real, I was disappointed not to have a finished piece. I got up (2 AM?) and sketched/wrote notes because I wanted to remember the design. I've had some of my best designs come to me that way.

Ellie 13

LOL...I am pretty sure we have all done that before.:lol

The just one more row syndrome can be a problem when you are working in a spiral!

:rofl You're telling me!!! I make sure to mark the end of each round and call it my row or I would have some major problems on my hands. :laughroll

Archived