Caution - MUCH shameless bragging here...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabulous! What a wonderful gift! You will be able to give this to future generations!

May I make a suggestion? Take a photo of you and your mother with the bedspread add your names and the date. Write a personal note on the back. When it's time to pass it to the next generation, add a note and a picture of the new owner. This will make it more precious...if that's possible!

MellyBelly, it's beautiful beyond words! You are so very lucky, not only to have this magnificent bedspread, handmade with love by your Mom, but also to still have your Mom. Cherish the bedspread, and cherish every day that you can share with your mom. They are both priceless.

My mother was my best friend, and even though it has been 23 years since I lost her, I still miss her (AND my Dad) every day. One of the things I loved best about our relationship was our shared love of crochet. I lost the things that she had made in a flood a dozen years ago, but they (and she) all still exist in my memories.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! I have done some doilies and a few table runners but can't imagine how long this woul take. The work is wonderful. What joy this will keep giving through the years! Tell your mother I totally admire her!

What an absolutely beautiful heirloom!! It makes me feel inspired to make my mom one (it'd be years before I'd get it done!), but knowing my mom, she'd be afraid something would happen and she'd put it in a closet. :(

Maybe if I made it out of washable yarn she'd use it. Hmmm....

I told Mom how all of you complimented her work, and she was tickled. She kept saying its really 'not that hard' :think She also said that crochet has helped her to keep from killing my Dad all these years :lol Now, THAT - I can believe!

That's beyond words special to get something like that from your Mommy who thinks enough of you to make something so incredible and at such a price. Every stitch made with your mother's hands. Special in every way.

I think we all want to leave some kind of enduring mark, something that will bring a smile, kind thought or wonderment. Your Momma has done that and more. And I'm grateful to you for sharing.

Archived