ORIGINAL POEMS/PROSE for crochet/knit gifts

Very nice Masala, good job!!!

This one requested by Katy, but anyone can use it...

Made with yarn so soft and light,

Pretty colors warm and bright,

Flowers for a friendship true

A memory for me and you.

Memories we made to share

and follow us everywhere

Are woven within it's folds

Bound with the love it holds.

Bringing thoughts of days gone bye

and good times that swiftly fly,

But like our friendship, will never die....

Did i ever thank you for this?? LOL hope so, if not, thank you Carol! You are gifted!

• 3 months later...
I love these poems and verses. I wish more people would add their stuff to this thread:yes

So do I :). Maybe now with more newbies on board, we will see more action here...:think

Bubbles blanket pattern can be found for free at ravelry and also crochet pattern central. It is called Bubbles for Baby...

A blanket of Bubbles all airy and bright,

to keep Baby comfy both day and night.

Hand made with love like a cuddly hug,

to help keep a special little one snug.

Each bubble a wish for luck to keep away tears

bringing hope for a future of many good years.

• 1 year later...

We miss HappyOldCrow, and hope she returns to us, but in the mean time, her thread lives on! yay! anyone can write a ditty and put it here, it's a great reference thread and it's sayings, and poems work great on the tags of hand made gifts! sooooo BUMP!

• 3 years later...

Help! does anyone have any poems for an unfinished baby blanket?

The baby shower is tomorrow and I don't have enough time to finish it, but want to give it as a gift, then finish it afterward. I had made my brother a black and white Star Wars afghan for Christmas and now i am making a smaller version of it for his baby

Scroll up just a couple of posts from yours, to post 28, it refers to a specific 'bubble pattern' but you could fudge it by substituting something like

blanket of bubbles >  blanket of love, or blanket of wool maybe (some folks call any yarn 'wool'

each bubble a wish > each stitch a wish, maybe?

duh, I just passed by here again and realized you said 'unfinished'.  Well...give her the poem and a photo of the blanket so far so she can see the stitch pattern.  At least the poem is telling her the wishes that you are stitching into the blanket that she will have soon, if not 'today'.

Archived