Sign in to follow this  
DawnofMarch

Something wicked this way comes...

I decided recently to get a head start on Christmas gifts, particularly for my family out of state. As I sat pondering exactly what I could do, I was inspired by my favorite book series: Harry Potter.

But what to do exactly. I was kind of stuck with the idea of exactly what to do. I am pretty much a beginner at Crochet, and nervous when it comes to doing anything more than than single crochet and am not much good at following patterns, but I managed to make a decent hat in Gryffindor colors and am in the process of making a scarf to go with it. I really do need to get some metal hooks considering my Crystalites always snap in half at the same area.

I had to redo the first earflap I made but it turned out great, all that's left is to do the strings to adhere the earflaps onto ones ears on a blustery day. It's for my nephew, James.

Here is a picture of the WIP:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/childofdarkness1988/Picture14-1.jpg

I'm also working on a Scarf to go with it. I will post pictures as I continue getting projects done. I will be doing a nearly identical set for my eldest sister (James' Mother) as well, and a Slytherin set for his father.

Edited by DawnofMarch

This is terrific, and not just for a beginner. Good colors and balance of stripe size. TFS.

Your work is reaaly nice, glad you showed us !!! Also....glad you "stuck" with crochet !!!!