Can't stop crying - My WIPS and hooks/needles destroyed ...Pic of destroyer added - post 34

I have a similar destroyer at home. They are lucky they are so cute. You just cant look at those eyes for very long and stay mad. I'm sorry to hear about your lost projects and hooks though.

We keep everything in our home up high so he cant get it. It doesnt matter what the item is it, it must be our of reach. This includes trash cans, shoes, toilet paper etc. you get the idea. They are devils but can be sweet.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tammy, I was very sorry to hear about what happened.

Just a note on all of the offers you have received. There are some, myself included, who get a tremendous amount of joy in helping others. There is nothing like bringing happiness to someone else. One should not put a $ amount on everything. I have found, in my 43 years, that if someone offers something, they really, really want to do it.

Please consider accepting the love and generosity of all of your friends here on the 'ville.

Hi Tammy, I was very sorry to hear about what happened.

Just a note on all of the offers you have received. There are some, myself included, who get a tremendous amount of joy in helping others. There is nothing like bringing happiness to someone else. One should not put a $ amount on everything. I have found, in my 43 years, that if someone offers something, they really, really want to do it.

Please consider accepting the love and generosity of all of your friends here on the 'ville.

Thanks Stonak. I am letting people do as they please. I know I love to give to others in any way I can so I have decided to let them help. I will be donating any extra items to the kids I teach to crochet or passing them on to others who may need it.

That is so nice he replaced your hooks. My dog chewed up my brand new cell phone when she was a puppy. It still worked but looked terrible. I was so furious with her. My kitten I used to have tore the keys off of my laptop keyboard. My dog used to get in my yarn when she was a puppy. But thankfully nothing like that happened. I am glad your items are being replaced.

This is the little guy who destroyed my stuff. Now if you saw that face could you be mad ? Riley is very lucky he is so cute.

He is soooo cute. I agree who could be mad at that little darling. I agree he should be thankful he is so adorable.

I am so sorry the puppy chewed up everything but he is soooooooo adorable. I could not get mad at him at all. I would probably cry for the lost items but would be crying into puppy fur. LOL.

Hugz,

Candi

This is the little guy who destroyed my stuff. Now if you saw that face could you be mad ? Riley is very lucky he is so cute.

Oh, my goodness he is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! How can something so cute and so little cause so much damage :rofl Since I've had dogs all my life, I have lots of puppy stories I could tell, including one about a dober boy and some air conditioning ducts on a hot Florida summer day!!!! He was very cool, the house was NOT!

Oh, my goodness he is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! How can something so cute and so little cause so much damage :rofl Since I've had dogs all my life, I have lots of puppy stories I could tell, including one about a dober boy and some air conditioning ducts on a hot Florida summer day!!!! He was very cool, the house was NOT!

Ok I have had a lot of pups and have had them do a lot of things but air conditioning ducts? You are going to have to PM me that story. :lol

I haven't had a puppy in my house for a long while now. My two are 5 years old and were both 2 when I got them. I tend to adopt older dogs (3-5 years old) as they are harder to place but are usually at least house broken. I love pups but boy I don't envy my girlfriend right now. Riley is very cute but he is a handful. She is starting him in puppy classes soon thanks to the help from her mom. His grandma says he has to learn some manners. :yes

Oh, no! I'm so sorry this happened! I have to say you handled it extremely well...I'm not so sure I would have. I'd probably STILL be standing there beside the couch swearing :lol

Glad the puppy is ok, and I'm sure your friend feels just awful. They're both lucky to have a sweet and understanding friend like you :hug

• 1 month later...

He is a real cutie. I have learned from experience that nothing goes on the floor that isn't permanently placed there (like furniture).

Some dogs are considered "chewers", the biting and chewing is bred into them. A lot of puppies are often teething when they are old enough for new homes, and will chew on almost anything.

You have a wonderful attitude, and although your loss is heart breaking, you are strong enough to carry on without bitterness.

Enjoy your gifts from the ville folks, they are very open hearted and do it with true compassion.

I currently only have one very old cat who thinks he owns the house and everything in it, he is not a climber and does not go on the furniture other than the foot of my bed. When company comes and someone places something on the floor, I pick it up and move it saying "If it is on the floor it belongs to the cat". :lol

His cute little face did save him, that's for sure. By sharing your story, I am sure a lot of people are being more careful with their own bags around young puppies.

Here's a :hug to feel a wee bit better.

:manyheart

This happened in mid July and I am happy to say that thanks to all my friends here on the ville as well as my sisters almost all of my hooks and needles have now been replaced. I will replace the yarn I lost as I can but with me just having back surgery I am in no hurry.

As for Riley he is still very much a baby but is doing well. My friend tells me she now has him in puppy classes and he is at the top of the class. He still likes to chew on everything but that is what puppies do. So far he has not eaten anythng else in her house and has not managed to escape his new kennel.

I have not been able to visit her due to my back but as soon as I am able I hope to get some new pictures of my god puppy.

OMG he is SO lucky!!! I love dogs, but I might be tempted to throttle one who ate all my WIPs! :angry And I know that's a terrible thing to say, but I wouldn't actually do it. The thought would, however, cross my mind!:blush

Tammy,

Now that I have my new puppy, I heeded your words of loss and have made sure to contain all of my hooks and yarn to what I thought was a safe place. In my crochet bag on the couch or table. Never on the floor. Well it seems puppy likes long stringy type thing. Yarn comes to mind. Anyway, so far she has unraveled one WIP, gotten into my yarn room and grabbed a skein and pulled yarn all over the house. And the other day climbed onto the couch and took the repaired WIP off the back of the couch with a Jimbo #7 hook and proceeded to chew on the hook. I got to it before it was completely destroyed. Hubby is going to fill in a couple of nicks with wood putty and I will file it down. Now my WIP's stay up on the breakfast bar in the kitchen if I am not working with them.

This cute sweet little itty bitty ball of fur did all that damage? No way, it must have been his evil twin brother:devil

What a sweet face, I don't think I could be mad at him either. What a sweet little pup.

Archived