Can't stop crying - My WIPS and hooks/needles destroyed ...Pic of destroyer added - post 34

My son's puppy used two brand new Jimbo's and a Noste as chewey toys. Know it was my fault for leaving them out, but I have to confess to having a few choice words that were meant to be under my breath but .... well its a real letdown even when you're the guy who can replace them.

I'll be in touch, Kido. Its a good time for some of YOUR good turns come back to you.

Jimbo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again for all the kind words and all the PM's. If I haven't answered you all personally yet I will I am still going through my email and PM's as well as posting thank yous for all the bookmarks I am receiving for the library. I will get to all of you as soon as I can.

For those of you asking about the pup... He is doing fine. He did go for an exray to make sure he did not or would not have any problems and it seems that he digested very little of what he destroyed. We also discovered a nice hole in the arm of her leather couch so the pup is in time out but he is doing fine. It is a good thing he is so darn cute or I think my friend would have strangled him for eating her couch. Believe me it is going to cost her a lot more to get that fixed than it will for me to replace my things. I only wish he hadn't eaten my wips. Those are not going to be so easily replaced but I can and will remake them eventually.

My DH can not beleive that I am not mad just sad. If he saw that cute puppy face he would understand. He is just a pup and that is sometimes what they do.

OK now for all of you that have offered to help out..... I have a deal to make with you. IF AND ONLY IF I decide to accept anything.... I want to know that no one is going out and buying anything just to replace my items and if I received duplicates is everyone OK with me donating them to the kids I read and teach to crochet or paying them forward to others that could use them? If everyone is OK with that, then I will start answering all the PM's I received with my address.

Oh, Tammy, my heart goes out to you. I know this was a very heartbreaking situation to have happen. I am glad the puppy did not have any health problems because of his behavior. He was just being a puppy. I quite often carry a crochet project with me when I go out and so far have not had anything like this happen to me. But there is always the first time for everything. Sending you plenty of :hug s and :manyheart. I think crying always helps make you feel better after something bad or frustrating happens.

So sorry to hear this. Now for the real question. HOW IS YOU BAG?

Most puppies are notorious for chewing and the main thing you have to remember is not to put things on the floor. Heck I remember the DH losing half a roll with butter, because he had it on a table that was dog height and he thought it was his.:rofl

We are all feeling bad and we are just like Mighty Mouse. Here we come to save the day.:hug

So sorry to hear this. Now for the real question. HOW IS YOU BAG?

Most puppies are notorious for chewing and the main thing you have to remember is not to put things on the floor. Heck I remember the DH losing half a roll with butter, because he had it on a table that was dog height and he thought it was his.:rofl

We are all feeling bad and we are just like Might Mouse. Here we come to save the day.:hug

Thanks for asking Mary Jo. Fortunately I did not have my c'ville tote with me. I had too many WIPS with me to fit in the C'ville bag so I had put them in a canvas tote. I was so glad I did not have them in that bag or the pup may not have been spared my wrath. :lol We discoved he had been chewing on his kennel and that is how he escaped. He got a new Kennel today from his grandma. She bought him a metal kennel so he can't eat it.

This is the little guy who destroyed my stuff. Now if you saw that face could you be mad ? Riley is very lucky he is so cute.

Oh he is darling! But oh what a rascal. With his obvious love of yarn we should all make doggy chew toys out of the yarn he mangled. :lol

:mug:cat:yarn

What a cutie! I couldn't stay mad at him for too long.

But I am so sorry that he destroyed your things. :hug

Yes, I would have a hard time being mad at him. He is so cute. In fact if it had happened to me I would probably be telling him something like this, "Oh, Riley. Mommy is so sorry she left her bag were it would tempt you. Mommy knows you are just being a puppy. Mommy promises not to leave anything else she really doesn't want you to have where you can get to it. Mommy loves you." :heehee

Yes, I would have a hard time being mad at him. He is so cute. In fact if it had happened to me I would probably be telling him something like this, "Oh, Riley. Mommy is so sorry she left her bag were it would tempt you. Mommy knows you are just being a puppy. Mommy promises not to leave anything else she really doesn't want you to have where you can get to it. Mommy loves you." :heehee

LOL, That would be me, too.

I know the things you lost were very important to you, I have hooks and projects I would hate to lose, but if the puppy was not hurt while having his snack attack that would be the most important thing to me. Things can be replaced, if he had swallowed some of that stuff he might have choked or died.

My reaction was something similar as I am not Riley's mommy but I have been told I am his god mommy. I think my reaction was something like "Riley! YOU are a BAD BAD BOY! Shame on you. Those were my toys not yours."

However his mommy's reaction was not as calm. She said a few choice words I can't repeat here. Especially when she saw the hole in her leather couch. However, even though she scolded him he still only got a time out for being a bad puppy. He is a baby after all and neither of us would ever strike any animal.

He know has a metal kennel and he has been shown what toys are his and will have to learn what is not his. He will learn but it won't be overnight.

I think the things I miss the most right now are my harmony needles, my Jimbo hooks and of course my WIP I will have to remake but I have forgiven Riley.

This is the little guy who destroyed my stuff. Now if you saw that face could you be mad ? Riley is very lucky he is so cute.

He is certainly adorable, but... if you look reaaalllly close, you can see the horns!:devil

:eekJust to put things into context, we drove past a house on Monday which had been gutted by fire.

It had been on the TV news the day it happened and the family were very grateful that the alarm went off to wake them to go milk the cows and that was when they discovered the place was on fire.

They got out with just what they were wearing and the whole house was ljust a hollow shell with no roof.

This made me very aware of what I have that I would hate to lose.

Glad you are feeling better about it now and are not blaming the puppy.

Hope you can find replacements for your stuff, maybe you will find even better stuff than you had.

Regards.

Colleen:hug

I was really into the MOEZ hooks a few years ago. I bought all of them. So cool! http://www.moezunlimited.com/default.html

My daughter's weimaraner pup, Gunther, chewed them all to bits. I think I was able to sand down some teeth marks on a few, but it was never the same. :(

So, I share your pain. Weimaraners love sticks! We would go for walks and find sticks for him to play fetch with and so the MOEZ hooks probably looked like sticks to him!

I was upset and sad over loosing my "sticks" but we love our dogs more. Gunther is gone now. Now I only have fond memories of his puppy antics.

Your little guy is adorable!

:hug

Oooh I'm so sorry to hear about this! I actually threw out my own hooks once, so I feel your pain. :blush A few years ago, I received some gorgeous handmade hooks from a dear friend. Well, I had been crocheting out on our patio and forgot to bring my bag inside. (I always keep my hook with the project it is being used for so I didn't really "miss" any of my hooks.) About a week later, I remembered that the bag was out there. When I opened it, 2 spiders crawled out and the yarn was covered in spiderwebs. :eek:eek I wasn't too far along on the project (only completed about 10 squares) so I figured I'd just toss the bag and start over. Well....long story short, I couldn't find several of my hooks, put 2 and 2 together, and realized that not only had I thrown out my squares, but my entire hook collection, including the handmade ones!!! :cry I think I cried for about a month.

I'm happy that you were able to forgive the puppy. :hug

This is why I dislike small/young animals. I'm sorry that happened to you. I'll send you e-good feelings. I wish you a speedy recovery on this tragedy.

I empathize with you. My puppy is 3 months old (part Rottie/part Shepherd). M

y son called me last week to say he had bad news. That scared me. We had just lost one cat and I, of course, thought the worst.:(

My son told me that the puppy had eaten one of my bamboo crochet hooks.:eek

Now I have the whole set of these and now I don't. Don't get me wrong...I was ticked.:angry

I wasn't sure whose butt I was going to shove the hook up....the puppies, my son or my daughter (who had been using the hook and hadn't put it out of puppies reach)

He's adorable! Yes, I'd have trouble being angry for long.

This is EXACTLY why I don't buy the expensive hooks. I often admire some of the pretty hooks I see, but I don't trust myself to keep up with them. I lose hooks regularly and my baby-dog loves sticks, too....so aluminum Boye hooks are just fine for me!

I am so sorry to hear about this. Yes, he is a very cute guy!!!

Archived