frustrated

Goldiepel

does anyone else get frustrated the with the way most yarn is manufactured anymore. :( What happened to yarn that had a center pull and outer pull piece of yarn. It seems only the cheaper yarns have both. I'm working with 2 skiens of Bernat softee and they seem to be forever making the containters roll and flop all over the place. God forbid you if your reach inside and try to find the center piece of yarn, if you do find it

you will probably have a tangled mess to deal with.

I don't have these problems with the center pull skiens and I really don't feel like I should have to pay good money for yarn and then bring it home and roll it into a center pull ball of yarn. Do others feel this way or am I just alone in this? Any way just venting my frustrations.:angry

Every time I have to sit and manually wind a skein into a ball because I can't pull it from the center or it's too much yarn for my winder I rant on these questions to my poor hubby. I don't understand why the yarn companies can't do a ball or a center pull that works without a yarn barf.:thair

Over here in the UK I've never bought yarn that was centre pull, they just don't wind it that way. I'd never even seen centre pull balls until someone sent me some RHSS so it's not something that upsets us over this side of the Pond ;)

Every time I have to sit and manually wind a skein into a ball because I can't pull it from the center or it's too much yarn for my winder I rant on these questions to my poor hubby. I don't understand why the yarn companies can't do a ball or a center pull that works without a yarn barf.:thair

I'm so glad i'm not alone. Now how do we get the yarn companies to listen to us??? Or do we just keep ranting to our poor spouses. Poor men they take so much from us yarn addicts

Or do we just keep ranting to our poor spouses. Poor men they take so much from us yarn addicts

In re-reading my post, I didn't mean to imply I felt any sympathy for my husband. Sorry I led anyone to that belief. :wink to my mind, it's always the innocent the suffer - - ME! :lol

He's lucky I'm only a yarn addict. That's pretty low maintanence. My sis has a jewelry, handbag and shoe addiction.

the other day I started a ball of Berocco Comfort and I could not find either an end coming out of the center or an end on the outside of the ball. I finally had to just cut it to get it started......so far the ends that should have been there have not appeared:think

It seems to be a problem with all qualities of yarn. My daughter had a friend who spent about a month winding a ball of expensive lace-weight yarn.

**does anyone else get frustrated the with the way most yarn is manufactured anymore. What happened to yarn that had a center pull and outer pull piece of yarn.**

Yes, I feel the same. It must have to do with "Production" ...make it faster, cheaper, etc.

I think the natural fiber yarns should be ready to go yarn rolls, too. At least an option to have it wound into a pull ball....afterall most of us don't want to waste time rolling yarn. smile

Archived