I'm Asking Again! :) Homeless Help! EDIT UPDATE

pasteeater

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will make up some 12" granny squares, solid color, trimmed in white, O.K. and send with the toys

Thank you so much!!!! :cheer:cheer This is so important to me...and to others too.

I just tried out the snowman pattern on lionbrand.com. I made it w/white jiffy and it's totally cute, but they are about 6" tall by 2.5" wide. Is that too big?

That's great! I think it will be fine! I hope to get lots of stuff together! Yay us! LOL:cheer

I have boxes full of stuff leftover from a craft sale gone bad. small purses, keychain coin purses, small toys etc. Just PM me and I'll get a bunch out to you!

OMGOSH!!!!!!! Thank you whatever you can send would be so great!!!! Thanks so much. PM'ing you now.

• 3 weeks later...

I can help....with 12 inch squares and maybe a little toy or two. Are simple grannies okay since the weather there is so warm?

I can help....with 12 inch squares and maybe a little toy or two. Are simple grannies okay since the weather there is so warm?

That would be wonderful! In the winter the most you need is a granny blanket! My husband uses a sheet year round! Thanks!

I am still working on the toys, and squares, will send when finished.

Hang in there, there will be plenty.

Thank you! I just didn't want this post to be lost. It's very important to me having been homeless after an abusive relationship. The shelter program I stayed with saved my life and although this is a different program it's very important to us!

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to thank "Eva" for the squares. Such pretty colors!!!! Really vivid I love them. They were sent to the wrong zip code [i must have made a mistake somehow!] and I got them today. I wanted to be sure to thank you! So, thank you!!!

I was working on another GS for you this morning and realized I hadn't see a post from you in a while - haven't forgotten about you!

I've been around here and there. It's just so hot I hate to sit in the computer chair! LOL Now I also have to walk to school to get my boy too. So blech. It's too hot. We still got like 6-8 weeks of it!

Thanks for thinking of me!:hug

Package mailed!!!

Great! Thanks. Last year I posted late I did get some good stuff though but I was busy working on stuff to make sure everyone got something. I've been grateful that so many people are helping!

I've been around here and there. It's just so hot I hate to sit in the computer chair! LOL Now I also have to walk to school to get my boy too. So blech. It's too hot. We still got like 6-8 weeks of it!

Thanks for thinking of me!:hug

Oh, you poor thing, walking to school in that heat! Yuck! It is finally starting to cool down here- only 99 yesterday. Last week it was almost 110 for most of the week. I can't wait for winter! :lol

I am still plugging away at the toys. I have several done and I'd like to send some granny squares, too, but I'll have to see what time permits. :hug

I promised to show this pic of teddy bears I got so here they are! Aren't they cute???

Too cute!!

I mailed a couple of 12 inch squares to you this morning.

Archived