crochet/resin/jewelry

CrochetCynde

I've made some thread crochet rings and they don't seem to have lasting quality. Has anyone used resin with their crochet?

• 10 months later...

I was going to ask this same question, so decided to check first to see if it had been brought up before. I know this is an older post, with no replies, but I'm hoping in the several months since that someone has tried resin with crochet!

I just 'inherited' several doiles from a co-worker who just retired and was going through his house. The doilies (along with a few bags of fabric scraps) had been passed down to his wife who did not want them. I would like to do something using some of these doilies, and it was suggested that I stiffen some into 'bowls'. Although I do like this idea, I too worry about the shape lasting and wondered about resin?

It's funny, I was wondering about different projects, and quite coincidentally in a Yahoo group I belong to, two links were posted for things made using doilies!

Sally

I haven't done this personally, but I did see somewhere (online I believe) quite some time ago, an article using motifs and resin to make coasters. I think they used muffin tins for the mold. So it sounds do-able.

HTH

Archived