When did Sears sell...

CLLinda

Knitting needles? The pair of size 10 that I am using is marked Sears on them and I was wondering when Sears sold knitting needles. Does anyone know?

I'm wondering if they were from the days that people ordered a lot of things from the Sears Catalog.

Just really curious.

:manyheart

I don't know about knitting needles, but I recall my dad buying me some yarn there 15+ years or so ago!

What kind of yarn did Sears sell?

Well all I remember was acrylic, and I think it was mill ends because it was bagged.

My dad bought the yarn so my aunt could crochet me a bed doll. It was a bribe for going to get my first 4 fillings done. The dentist was -not- a gentle one!

I recently ran across a pair of size 6 Sears knitting needles and was wondering the same thing! A quick internet search doesn't give much information -- only that they are 'vintage'. I'm curious to know how old these are.

Back in the 50's and early 60's Sears had quite a craft section. I remember going with my Mom to get yarn and such.

That was before they became all fancy and made each department flow into the other, like they do now and before they were in the Malls.:hook

Back in the 50's and early 60's Sears had quite a craft section. I remember going with my Mom to get yarn and such.

That was before they became all fancy and made each department flow into the other, like they do now and before they were in the Malls.:hook

I remember our JCPenney's had a sewing section downstairs. They had machines, material, thread, patterns and all kinds of sewing stuff. Mom could spend days down there, while we went in the toy section and looked at things.

It's nice to remember things like that.

Archived