Idiot's Dishcloth(s)

Mom w/a Motif

:knitI have been knitting a lot of dishcloths lately. (Crocheting a couple, too. But mostly knitting.) The tan & grey one is for my sister, it goes with this one I crocheted. (They match her kitchen.) I bought the cotton (and the pattern book it was in, for the crocheted one) in Michigan while I was staying at my sister's house. Then came home, ran out of yarn. Couldn't find it anywhere around here. Was going to go to JoAnn's (an hour and a half away). Never did go, then we went on a weekend trip to Colorado over fourth of July weekend. (I brought the dishcloth with me to match colors since I lost the ballband meanwhile...) I got to go to Hobby Lobby while we were there. (I got a bunch of dishcloth cotton~ among which was two more balls so I could finish my sister's dishcloth~ yay...) And finished it back home. It is the well traveled dishcloth. :heehee

The other two are for a charity KAL/CAL this month that I am in. Pattern: Idiot's Dishcloth

post-20-135897425343_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897425346_thumb.jpg

I don't knit hardly at all, unless it is a dishcloth and then it looks terrible.... Yours is the only pattern I'll make... Your's is beautiful work..... I wish I could do as well... Good thing the ones I make are for me only...lol... Thanks for sharing... GBU!:):)

I know what you mean. Or diagonal garter stitch, maybe? :)

Those are very nice! I do wish those simple patterns could have nicer names, though. Basic dishcloth, simple dishcloth, and such.

Thanks so much, everyone! :hug

As a matter of fact, this particular pattern has several names. Idiot's Dishcloth is a new one for me, though. They look great! Such a functional pattern, too. Easy to memorize and small enough to tuck into a purse! Perfect. I think I like your greenish one, Mom, though all of them are nice!

This is the only pattern I use when I knit dishcloths so functional and quick to make although knitting takes me forever and a day to complete its a pretty simple pattern. I use the same pattern but its called Grandmas favorite dishcloth sounds better than idiots dishcloth

Archived