Things which make your crocheting easier....

I should have known better than to open this thread! I LOVE gadgets! Now I MUST have a knit kit!!!!

I will add it to my Christmas list right after the skip stich blade that I am dying to try!

Thank you for explaining what a yarn cake is, I have seen them in pictures but had not heard the term used until now. I love learning new things. TFS!

I'm a center pull girl, the thought of working from the outside totally throws me off.

Clover leaf hooks have made my crocheting time much easier. No pain!! They are always my first choice in hooks. Let's see--a can of Diet Pepsi and a radio/cd/tape player at chairside is always good. Also, my reading glasses to see the small print of most patterns (why do they make that print sooo small?)

Stitch markers with the hooks sizes on them. Wheather beaded or just written on. I move my hooks from one WIP to another and forget what size I was using! They make it easy to start right up again .

Funny you should mention those. :hook That is what I have planned for my next PIF that I will be posting in the few days or so.

Stitch markers with the hooks sizes on them. Wheather beaded or just written on. I move my hooks from one WIP to another and forget what size I was using! They make it easy to start right up again .

Yes! :idea Why didn't I think of that! - Thank you for the super tip, Suzy!

I love all of the fore mentioned items, but one thing I like to have handy is an empty sandwich size bag or prescription bag to put my snipped tails into. This way I don't end up walking around with different colors of yarn snips clinging to my clothes!

Another thing I have is empty pretzel jars. I put my scraps in there and when I need to find a certain color, I can turn it around and see where the ball of scraps is.

Here is a photo of one of my jars:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/bethintx/crafts/Pretzeljar.jpg

Archived