Gran

Potholder CAL, anyone?

I made two of these "Magic Ball" hotpads while I was in Michigan. I took a picture of them both but my camera ATE all my pictures last night. :thair I gave the first one to my stepmom. Since I still have this one, I took another picture....

post-20-135897443529_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897443533_thumb.jpg

I made two of these "Magic Ball" hotpads while I was in Michigan. I took a picture of them both but my camera ATE all my pictures last night. :thair I gave the first one to my stepmom. Since I still have this one, I took another picture....

Very, very nice!:clap

MwaM, how nice your potholder looks! I hope your camera is all right.

Like those a lot- love the brown in them. TFS! :cheer

Anyone working on potholders for Christmas presents?

I planning to mail a couple to someone who hasn't much storage space.

Me, me, me! I have finished a couple of laphgans I had promised and now I am seriously on to potholders.

I am stealing Missmaxx's idea, thank you Nancy!, and gifting the "Potholder of the Month" to my g-ma, mom and aunt so I need to buckle down and get going.

I loved Contrarycrocheter's Christmas potholders she shared a couple weeks back, so I have a couple of those done as well. I was able to crochet the flower part but had a mental block for a week as to how to attach the "petals". My brain :think released the secret information to my hands last night so I was able to finish the one I had started and completed a second, one more to go. :hook

As always, I await more photos so I can steal ideas from you all. In the meantime it's CPC where I immediately go into a TMI ( too much information) coma.

I will post after I finish my third tonight.

I would love to see some of your work Gran-:hug

this still open!????? i'll make a potholder i sure need some anyway **** the Monster who livesi n our dryer ate ours

Okay, these are hot pads but close enough. :lol Contrary.crocheter shared hers in the show and tell and provided a link to the pattern if anyone else is interested.

IMG_2309.jpg

cshell those are great. I like that pattern. Someday....:hook

Cshell, those are pretty ones!

I've got several going as WIPS for Christmas presents.

One of these years, I might go high tech and post photos.

Those are super nice looking. :cheerAnd double thick? May have to go pattern hunting,,,,,

TFS-

Finished a PH for a swap, and am working on the birthday and Christmas PHs today. With the weather now cooler, it is especially nice to crochet.

Yes Gran, the cool weather makes it so much easier to crochet.

I look forward to the day when you finally post some photos. I keep checking in to see if anything new is posted- I guess everyone is so busy crocheting that we're not taking the time for photos. :lol

I need to get to some potholders but I find myself spending too much time looking at them instead of crocheting them. :hook

me me me i wanna join!! Got some ph's i want to make for Christmas gifts. And a friend who just moved to Texas and is remodelling her kitchen. Yay!!!

Cshell, I'm not high-tech yet, so don't know when photos of mine will appear. I mailed a PH to a friend this week, and hope to get another finished by this week-end.

BG, new kitchen decor is a good excuse to give a PH, I think.

I so like how small potholders are. They're great projects.

Have got one almost finished for a Christmas present, and need to get going on another one.

Anyone else giving potholders for a few Christmas presents?

Gave a PH to someone as a "thank you", and finished one for Christmas.

I'd love to join in.

Dumb question...how do I know what yarn I'm using..cotton, worsted weight, or acrylic??? I have a ton of yarn from years gone by but most labels have been taken off and are long gone. Until recently I never bought anything but the "one pounders" or cheaper skeins of yarn. I made two dishclothes recently one from a ball of cotton and another from a leftover skein of yarn. What is preferred?

It's been awhile but I have something new completed. I am supposed to be finishing a wrap with slits in black for a birthday gift but potholders give me a break from that.

IMG_2988.jpg

These were on the Lion Brand site-

Shanesmommy, cotton is the safest. Very close stitches and two layers, for safety.

If you are making the potholders to hang on a wall, then any fiber, of course, will do.

But, for holding pots, cotton is best.

You could compare the no-label yarn with yarn that has labels on it, and look at the fibers, feel the texture, to compare and make a good guess as to whether the yarn is cotton or synthetic.

Cshell, your potholders are very nice, quite cheery!

I gave a PH to someone for Christmas, and have another started.

Thank you for the help,unfortunately I think most of my older yarns are acrylic. Oh well on a recent trip to Michael's I saw they had a ton of great colors in Peaches N Cream...not like our local Walmart that only has 4 colors.

Anyone make potholders ahead of time for swaps or gifts? I'm starting a supply of finished items, so I won't be under pressure when it comes time to give them away.