Potholder CAL, anyone?

Gran

I made two of these "Magic Ball" hotpads while I was in Michigan. I took a picture of them both but my camera ATE all my pictures last night. :thair I gave the first one to my stepmom. Since I still have this one, I took another picture....

post-20-135897443529_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897443533_thumb.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made two of these "Magic Ball" hotpads while I was in Michigan. I took a picture of them both but my camera ATE all my pictures last night. :thair I gave the first one to my stepmom. Since I still have this one, I took another picture....

Very, very nice!:clap

Like those a lot- love the brown in them. TFS! :cheer

Me, me, me! I have finished a couple of laphgans I had promised and now I am seriously on to potholders.

I am stealing Missmaxx's idea, thank you Nancy!, and gifting the "Potholder of the Month" to my g-ma, mom and aunt so I need to buckle down and get going.

I loved Contrarycrocheter's Christmas potholders she shared a couple weeks back, so I have a couple of those done as well. I was able to crochet the flower part but had a mental block for a week as to how to attach the "petals". My brain :think released the secret information to my hands last night so I was able to finish the one I had started and completed a second, one more to go. :hook

As always, I await more photos so I can steal ideas from you all. In the meantime it's CPC where I immediately go into a TMI ( too much information) coma.

I will post after I finish my third tonight.

I would love to see some of your work Gran-:hug

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Gran, the cool weather makes it so much easier to crochet.

I look forward to the day when you finally post some photos. I keep checking in to see if anything new is posted- I guess everyone is so busy crocheting that we're not taking the time for photos. :lol

I need to get to some potholders but I find myself spending too much time looking at them instead of crocheting them. :hook

Cshell, I'm not high-tech yet, so don't know when photos of mine will appear. I mailed a PH to a friend this week, and hope to get another finished by this week-end.

BG, new kitchen decor is a good excuse to give a PH, I think.

I so like how small potholders are. They're great projects.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd love to join in.

Dumb question...how do I know what yarn I'm using..cotton, worsted weight, or acrylic??? I have a ton of yarn from years gone by but most labels have been taken off and are long gone. Until recently I never bought anything but the "one pounders" or cheaper skeins of yarn. I made two dishclothes recently one from a ball of cotton and another from a leftover skein of yarn. What is preferred?

It's been awhile but I have something new completed. I am supposed to be finishing a wrap with slits in black for a birthday gift but potholders give me a break from that.

IMG_2988.jpg

These were on the Lion Brand site-

Shanesmommy, cotton is the safest. Very close stitches and two layers, for safety.

If you are making the potholders to hang on a wall, then any fiber, of course, will do.

But, for holding pots, cotton is best.

You could compare the no-label yarn with yarn that has labels on it, and look at the fibers, feel the texture, to compare and make a good guess as to whether the yarn is cotton or synthetic.

Cshell, your potholders are very nice, quite cheery!

I gave a PH to someone for Christmas, and have another started.

Thank you for the help,unfortunately I think most of my older yarns are acrylic. Oh well on a recent trip to Michael's I saw they had a ton of great colors in Peaches N Cream...not like our local Walmart that only has 4 colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone make potholders ahead of time for swaps or gifts? I'm starting a supply of finished items, so I won't be under pressure when it comes time to give them away.

Archived