Aside from TV Ad where can I purchase...

moomooo

Hi :

I wanted to ask you all aside from television Ads where can I purchase them vacuumed sealed space bags????

Do you know who carries them????

I'd like to own a couple to put in my yarn cakes....

I've gotten them at Walmart, and seen them at Bed Bath and Beyond.

My mom has warned me not to buy 'off' brands of the space bags as she said they've always had slow leaks in her experience so far.

I love SpaceBags, but since I got my new vacuum cleaner ( Electrolux upright vac) I can't use them! It has an oblong end on the suction hose, which DOES NOT work with the valve on the SpaceBags. :angry

Thanks ladies for the info ... Only thing around here is walmart so i will look them up this week..

Thaks again to all for answering my questions...

Also yarn cakes are made with a yarn ball winder.... once wind with the yarn ball winder they look like cakes...

I had bought a bunch of these for my yarn. They are all space bag brand and most of them are in bad shape. I cannot believe I spent so much on these things. They have slow leaks, the bag gets caught in the zipper thing and tears, and the zipper tabs will pull right off and you cannot get them back on. I have probably fifteen with only about five that work properly. Not very good odds in my opinion.

Ohhhh Wow now i'm really debating... I appreciate your honesty ladies about them not working like they should...

I'll wait a little longer to see what others have to say here about them as well....

Man ohhh Man

I found something, granted they are not vacuum bags but... they are great they have a nice pleated bottom and they are "HUGE" plus the good thing is they are made by Ziploc and available at Wal-Mart,K-Mart,Target and other retailers at a nice reasonable price

more info: https://www.ziplochome-offer.com/default.aspx?utm_medium=medium&utm_campaign=ziplocHome&utm_source=ziploc&affiliateId=47999&zipcode=23111#

I organized my closet with them as well as our storage area.

:hug

I found several a few years ago at big lots, I think I paid $8 or $9 for a package of 6 bags. I saw them there ago a couple of weeks ago, to different packages and sizes on was $11 the other was $15. I also found the travel size bags ( about the size of a tote bag) at the dollar tree $1 each.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought mine at Costco for $25. It came with an assortment of sizes, I want to say there was at least ten total bags in the box. I used mine to store heavy blankets and pillows over the summer and they held up fine. I also used them to pack dear daughters clothes, bedding, towels etc.. when we moved her into her dorm room at college. Some of them did not survive the move to well.

If you are going to be in and out of the bags a lot I would not recomend them. But if they are for long term storage they should work just fine.

Archived