Knit-look Ribbed Hat

amydepew

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I DID THIS LAST NIGHT!! I kind of made up my own pattern a couple weeks ago similar to this- I didn't realize how similar it was- only I would do 2 fpdc and 2 bpdc. I am trying to get pictures from my phone to my computer and it's not having it!

• 5 weeks later...
Dear Amydepew

I totally LOVE your hats!! It's been a looooong while since surfing here. I have a question--how do you adjust the size? Does it stretch a lot? The stitches in this pattern is half of my usual amount of stitches :eek.

Really? That is 72 stitches around...kind of a lot for me actually. I don't usually go over 60. Anyway, it should stretch quite well, but you may want to use a larger hook if you are worried. I tend to crochet tightly. LOL

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I love your hat. I'm a newB and im stuck on row 4 wht does dc in dc mean?

And when I start the repeat after the dc in dc there is a fpdc then a dc then the double fpdc. So when I get to the dc in dc then there's a Single fpdc then there's a dc Wht do I do then cuz wht follows in the two fpdc. I really hope this makes sense. I'm so sorry if I sound so confused. Thank you. Frane. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this pattern. I have attempted to make it twice and ripped it out because it seemed to be wavy by row 3 or 4.. I thought I understood the instructions, but apparently I don't. :(  What do I need to do to make it not to be wavy? I appreciate any suggestions.  :help  Thank you.

Here's a free pattern for y'all! I can't knit to save my life, but I wanted a hat that looked as if it had been knitted. So, I came up with this! I sell this hat in its finished form on my Etsy shop, but I don't think it's a big deal for you to make it and sell it. Afterall, how can you really copywrite rounds and rounds of the same stitch? LOL! Anyway, enjoy! It should be pretty easy, but PM me if you have questions. I attached a pic of how it should look when finished. It's great for men or women. I also included instructions for the child's size. Adult?s VersionApproximately 3.5 oz WW yarn; G, H or I (if you crochet tightly like I do) hookNote: beginning chain does not count as a stitch and should be ignored throughout hat, unless otherwise instructed. Also, hat circle will seem floppy at first, but after several rows, the hat will take shape. This is a great pattern to use up scrap yarn as you can add stripes and works great for men.Chain 4, create ringRow 1: Chain 2 (counts as dc), 11 dc in ring, sl st to close circle (12 dc)Row 2: Chain 2, 2 fpdc into chain stitch below and in each stitch around, sl st to first fpdc to close circle (24 fpdc)Row 3: Chain 2, *2 fpdc into first fpdc of row below, dc in between fpdc and next fpdc, fpdc into next fpdc of row below, dc in between fpdc and next fpdc* - repeat until the end of the circle, sl st to top of first fpdc (36 fpdc, 24 dc)Row 4: Chain 2, *fpdc into first fpdc of row below, dc in between fpdc and next fpdc, fpdc into next fpdc of row below, dc in dc* - repeat until the end of the circle, sl st to top of first fpdc (36 fpdc, 36 dc)Row 5: Chain 2, *fpdc into each fpdc, bpdc into each dc* - repeat until end of circle, sl st to top of first fpdc (36 fpdc, 36 bpdc)Row 6 to finish ? continue Row 5 until hat reaches desired length.Child?s VersionUse I or J hook, depending on the size you want, or how tightly you crochetChain 4, create ringRow 1: Chain 2 (counts as dc), 11 dc in ring, sl st to close circle (12 dc)Row 2: Chain 2, 2 fpdc into chain stitch below and in each stitch around, sl st to first fpdc to close circle (24 fpdc)Row 3: Chain 2, *fpdc into first fpdc of row below, dc in between fpdc and next fpdc, fpdc into next fpdc of row below, dc in between fpdc and next fpdc * - repeat until the end of the circle, sl st to top of first fpdc (24 fpdc, 24 dc)Row 4: Chain 2, *fpdc into each fpdc, bpdc into each dc* - repeat until end of circle, sl st to top of first fpdc (24 fpdc, 24 bpdc)Row 5 to finish ? continue Row 5 until hat reaches desired length.Here's how it should look...if I've made up the pattern correctly...oh, and I included a pic of a child's hat. Hope you like it!

Thank you so much!!!

That is a really cool hat!

• 3 weeks later...

Just made this for my husband. Hopefully he'll get to wear it before it gets too warm. If you're interested in the tri-color hat, this is what I used:

Start with Color A

Row 8: Color B

Row 13: Color C

Row 18: Color A

Row 19: Color B

Row 20: Color C

Rows 21-23: Rep 18-20

Love it, Amy -- this will be perfect for my cancer clinic contributions. You're the bomb!

Here's a free pattern for y'all! I can't knit to save my life, but I wanted a hat that looked as if it had been knitted. So, I came up with this! I sell this hat in its finished form on my Etsy shop, but I don't think it's a big deal for you to make it and sell it. Afterall, how can you really copywrite rounds and rounds of the same stitch? LOL!

Anyway, enjoy! It should be pretty easy, but PM me if you have questions. I attached a pic of how it should look when finished. It's great for men or women. I also included instructions for the child's size.

Adult?s Version

Approximately 3.5 oz WW yarn; G, H or I (if you crochet tightly like I do) hook

Note: beginning chain does not count as a stitch and should be ignored throughout hat, unless otherwise instructed. Also, hat circle will seem floppy at first, but after several rows, the hat will take shape. This is a great pattern to use up scrap yarn as you can add stripes and works great for men.

Chain 4, create ring

Row 1: Chain 2 (counts as dc), 11 dc in ring, sl st to close circle (12 dc)

Row 2: Chain 2, 2 fpdc into chain stitch below and in each stitch around, sl st to first fpdc to close circle (24 fpdc)

Row 3: Chain 2, *2 fpdc into first fpdc of row below, dc in between fpdc and next fpdc, fpdc into next fpdc of row below, dc in between fpdc and next fpdc* - repeat until the end of the circle, sl st to top of first fpdc (36 fpdc, 24 dc)

Row 4: Chain 2, *fpdc into first fpdc of row below, dc in between fpdc and next fpdc, fpdc into next fpdc of row below, dc in dc* - repeat until the end of the circle, sl st to top of first fpdc (36 fpdc, 36 dc)

Row 5: Chain 2, *fpdc into each fpdc, bpdc into each dc* - repeat until end of circle, sl st to top of first fpdc (36 fpdc, 36 bpdc)

Row 6 to finish ? continue Row 5 until hat reaches desired length.

Child?s Version

Use I or J hook, depending on the size you want, or how tightly you crochet

Chain 4, create ring

Row 1: Chain 2 (counts as dc), 11 dc in ring, sl st to close circle (12 dc)

Row 2: Chain 2, 2 fpdc into chain stitch below and in each stitch around, sl st to first fpdc to close circle (24 fpdc)

Row 3: Chain 2, *fpdc into first fpdc of row below, dc in between fpdc and next fpdc, fpdc into next fpdc of row below, dc in between fpdc and next fpdc * - repeat until the end of the circle, sl st to top of first fpdc (24 fpdc, 24 dc)

Row 4: Chain 2, *fpdc into each fpdc, bpdc into each dc* - repeat until end of circle, sl st to top of first fpdc (24 fpdc, 24 bpdc)

Row 5 to finish ? continue Row 5 until hat reaches desired length.

Here's how it should look...if I've made up the pattern correctly...oh, and I included a pic of a child's hat. Hope you like it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived