Broomstick afghan

Goldiepel

I did this broomstick afghan for my sister last Christmas. Its done it mauves, pinks and grays and white. Various yarn. Rh, Caron simply soft. I feel in love with it and didn't want to give it away:eek. But the look on her face when she got it, made the seperation pangs so worth while.:manyheart:hug:yay I used the largest round wooden dowl I could find for this one and did it on the 5 count. K. hook

post-29259-135897423273_thumb.jpg

That is a stunning blanket!!! I'm sure your sister will use it often and always think of you when she does. It was definitely made with love. Thanks for sharing.

Very pretty! I can understand how it was difficult for you to let go and how it captured your sister's delight. Thank you for sharing :)

That is so gorgeous! I can understand why you fell in love with it but glad you went ahead and gave it to your sister. She will always treasure it.:crocheting

I have never seen a "broomstick" afghan like that before. It's beautiful! I see why you fell in love with it. I think I did too! Where did you get the pattern for it?

AWESOME!!! I can see why you didn't want to let it go and why seeing the look on your sister's face was worth it! Good job!

Very, very nice. I keep promising myself to try broomstick, yet something always seems to push it back down my to do list. I suppose I could claim I’m just too busy, but if I were to slow down any more I would begin growing moss.

.—John Hablinski, Corpus Christi Texas.

I have never seen a "broomstick" afghan like that before. It's beautiful! I see why you fell in love with it. I think I did too! Where did you get the pattern for it?

Thank you. My mother in law who is in her 80's makes about one a week and she taught me. She learned from her mother. Hers are usually scarp colors that make no rythm or reason (she can't see really) and once she get them together they are gorgeous. (She up until this year was partially blind, this year she has lost all her site). So no pattern. I've done variations on it. Using smaller sticks with less loops. I've made a few scarfs with the pattern. Of course unlike mil I use colors that cordinate. The class they are offering here will be the same design idea's. Just remember like with all crocheting you can think outside of the box. You don't just have to use a certain size dowl/broomstick. Or stick with the same number of loops. You can add sc stitch rows or double stitch rows. Just remember you chains & loops have to be able to be divided evenly. (50 chains = 5 loops clusters), (36 chains = 4 loops clusters) and so on.

so very nice, like another on here, I have learning to broomstick on my to do list but somehow have not taken the time to learn it yet. You are an inspiration w/ your ghan, though. :)

Sandy

that is so pretty. I am totally into pinks these days (years :wlol ) and I wish I had the perseverance to finish a Broomstick Lace afghan

Excellent work... good on you.

I'm not into pinks, but that is beautiful !! :manyheart

You did a great job. Thanks for sharring.

:mug:cat:yarn

lol. you can have too much of it thats for sure and my sissy sure does. Her whole house is done is mauves, pinks, grays and some black thrown in. But her house makes her happy and thats all that matters. I didn't put any black into this because I hate crocheting with dark colors.

Oh, that is just GORGEOUS! I would love to learn how to do broomstick lace! It is definitely on my "to-do in the near future" list!

Archived