Sign in to follow this  
rerec

hooded scarf without the pointy hood....Help

Question

I've found many threads for hooded scarfs but they all have pointy hoods. I have looked everywhere trying to find a hood that doesn't have a point. Can anybody help? I have even tried etsy and ebay. I hope I've just over looked it or its called something else. Thanks so much.

8 answers to this question

you can avoid the point by switching to hdc then sc in that area. if that can't be done then just decrease a couple of stitches there and increase again to get back to the pattern.

I like this pattern for a Moebuis Hood Scarf. I want to make one for my Mother for Christmas this year. It looks like a cute and easy pattern.

When I do the section for the hood, I usually do a rectangle, then seam the back for a bit. When I want to avoid the point, I work around the corners as if they were a circle, on the wrong side of the hood. That way, the pointy part will get drawn into the inside of the hood and lie flatter. Does this make sense?