Pretty Posey Flower Square 8"inches (3 images)

Thank you beckyb for the name suggestion!!!! :hug If anyone find any errors in the pattern please give me a pm. Enjoy!!!

Pretty Posey Flower Square

post-11825-135897422575_thumb.jpg
Photobucket pic link: http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Pattern%20diagrams/flowersquare.jpg

Copyright to champygirl July 5, 2009

Materials:

Siz G hook
Worsted weight yarn in 4 different colors:
Color A (CA), Color B (CB), Color C, (CC), Color D, (CD)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish Size: 8”x 8” inches

Different Stitches:

Front Post Half Double crochet (FPHDC)-Yarn over, insert hook in from front beside st, going behind the st and then back up front through other side, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through all three loops on hook.

Back Post Half Double crochet (BPHDC)-Yarn over, insert hook from back beside st, going in front of st and then back behind, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through all three loops on hook.

Treble Crochet (tc)- Yarn over twice, insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through 2 more loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.

Picot- Ch2 and sl st in to tc.

Note: If my directions for both post sts is confusing, try looking up how to do FPDC or FBDC. The FPHDC and FBHDC are basically done the same way only instead making a dc, you made a hdc.

Directions:

Rnd 1: With CA ch2, 6 hdc in 2nd chain from hook, join with sl st to first hdc. (6hdc)

Rnd 2: Ch1, 1 hdc in same st as joining, 2 hdc in each of the next 5sts, 1 hdc into joining sl st from rnd 1. Join with sl st to first hdc, (12hdc)

Rnd 3: Ch1, 1 hdc in same st as joining, 2 hdc in each of the next 11 sts, 1 hdc into joining sl st from rnd2. Join with sl st to first hdc. (24 hdc)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Do Rnd 4 in front loops only.

Rnd 4: Join CB with a sl st in join sl st of Rnd 3, ch1, 1 hdc in same st as joining from rnd 3, 2 hdc in next st, [1 hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st] Do this 11 times, join with sl st to first hdc. (36 hdc)

Rnd 5: Ch1, 1 FPHDC in same st as joining, 1 FPHDC in next st, 1 BPHDC in each of the next 2 sts, [1 FPHDC in each of the next 2 sts, 1 BPHDC in each of the next 2 sts] Do this 8 times, join with sl st to first FPHDC. (18FPHDC, 18 BPHDC) (36sts total)

Note: Make sure the right side is toward you, you will be working into the back loops left free from rnd 3. Do not work any sts into Rnd 5 or 4 as this is your flower. You will have to fold down Rnds 4&5 to reach the back loops.

Rnd 6: Join CC with a sl st to any back loop left free from rnd 3, ch1, sc in same loop, 2 sc in next back loop, [1 sc in next back loop, 2 sc in next back loop] Do this 11 times, join with sl st to first sc. (36sc)

Rnd 7: Ch1, 1 hdc in same st as joining, 1 hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st, [1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 hdc in next st] Do this twice, 1 hdc in back loop of next st. 1 hdc in next st, 2 hdc in back loop of next st, [1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 hdc in next st] Do this 5 times, 1 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in back loop of next st, 2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in back loop of next st, 1 hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2sts, 2 hdc in next st, join with sl st to first hdc. (48hdc)

Rnd 8: Ch2, 1 dc in same st as joining, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, 2 dc in next st, [1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 2 dc in next st] Do this 7 times, join with sl st to first dc. (56dc)

Note: Now you will the making the leaves right on to the square. Do not fasten off CC just set skein aside and be careful not to tangle the colors together. The leaves are made by working into the front loops left free on rnd 6.

Leaves: Join CD with a sl st to the free front loop from Rnd 6 that is 12 sts from the start *Ch4, sl st in next closet free front loop, turn, (1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 1 tc, picot, 1 tc, 1 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc) all in ch4 loop. Finish off and weave in ends.*

For second leaf join CD with a sl st to the free front loop that is on the opposite side from first leaf, Repeat from *to* once.

Square cont….(Make sure right side of square is facing you.)

Rnd 9: Ch1, 1 hdc in same st as joining, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, (1dc, ch2, 1dc) all in next st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1sc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 hdc in next 2 sts, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st working through picot on leaf (this keeps the leaf from curling up), (1 dc, ch2, 1dc) all in next st, [1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, (1 dc, ch2, 1dc) all in next st] Do this twice, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in next st working through picot on leaf, 1 hdc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, 1hdc in next st, join with sl st to first hdc. (24dc, 16hdc, 20sc) (60 sts total)

Rnd 10: Join CA with a sl st to join sl st of rnd 9, ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining from rnd 9, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, (2sc, ch2, 2sc) all in ch2 space, [1 sc in each of the next 15 sts, (2sc, ch2, 2sc) all in ch2 space] Do this 3 times, 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts. (76sc)

Do Rnd 11 in front loops only.

Rnd 11: Join CB with a sc in any corner to 2nd sc in corner, like this:

post-11825-135897422582_thumb.jpg

photobucket pic link: http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Pattern%20diagrams/ppfsdiagram.jpg

Ch2, skip ch2 space, sc in next st, ([ch2, skip next st, sc in next st] Do this 9 times, ch2, skip ch2 space, sc in next st) Do everything in parenthesis 3 times, [ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 8 times, ch2, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc. (40sc, 40 ch2 spaces)

Note: Rnd 12 is done working in the back loops and the ch2 spaces left free from rnd 10. Do not work into rnd 11 at all!!!

Rnd 12: Join CD with a sl st to any ch2 space left free from rnd 10, ch5 (counts as dc and ch2), dc in same space, [1 dc in each of the next 19 free back loops, (1dc, ch2, 1dc) all in ch2 space from rnd 10] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 19 free back loops, join with sl st to 3rd chain of ch5. (84dc)

Rnd 13: Sl st in ch2 space, ch3, (1 dc, ch2, 2dc) all in same ch2 space, [1 dc in each of he next 21 sts, (2dc, ch2, 2dc) all in next st] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 20 sts, 1 dc in joining sl st of rnd 12. Join with sl st to top of ch3. (100dc, ch3 counts as dc)

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl July 5, 2009. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Here's a couple more made in different colors. The Colors are a little off since I had to use my scanner, I'll switch it once I have better pics.

post-11825-13589751986_thumb.jpg
Photobucket pic link: http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Pattern%20diagrams/3flowersquares.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived