Annie's Attic Free Pattern is Still there

Autumn

Question

I was going crazy looking for the free pattern of the day !!!! Thanks Sandy !!!!

when you go to that link, if you hit the button on the left that says patterns to buy...the top 20 selling patterns come up on Annie's Attic and my blue bear set is number 12 right now...I was number 10, but it has gone down a few...very exciting!

Annie's Attic free pattern is not on their site anymore..it has moved over to here

http://www.free-crochet.com/

it is a part of Annie's Attic

For a few days the link in the first post was working and it was a completely different pattern than the one posted at this link. I'm not 100% convinced it is the same Annie's Attic pattern but that it has just moved. :think

For a few days the link in the first post was working and it was a completely different pattern than the one posted at this link. I'm not 100% convinced it is the same Annie's Attic pattern but that it has just moved. :think

I'm not completely convinced, either. This is a free pattern site - all the patterns are free. It's great if they've created a new site, but I'm not sure we're getting anything special at this link. It's like on freepatterns.com - they have a free pattern of the day, but it's one of their regular free patterns...they're just calling attention to it.

I hope we get this straightened out soon.

Maybe we should all contact Annie's Attic about it! :yes

I called Customer Service at Annie's Attic. The free pattern of the day has been discontinued. Annie's Attic owns this website which offers free patterns:

www.free-crochet.com

I did not ask why they had discontinued the free pattern-of-the-day.

Here are the email address and phone number for customer service, if someone would like them:

Customer_Service AT AnniesAttic DOT com

(800) 282-6643

:)

Thanks for all your info on the free pattern of the day as I too was wondering what happened to it. Thanks for the other links all.

When registering and "choosing" your interests there is not one mention of crochet! Knitting is the first option but no crocheting. :angry

When registering and "choosing" your interests there is not one mention of crochet! Knitting is the first option but no crocheting. :angry

But, you are signing up for crochet:hook so they know you are interested in crochet. If you sign up for the knitting pattern site, it has the same kind of questions, and lists crochet as an interest but not knitting.

But, you are signing up for crochet:hook so they know you are interested in crochet. If you sign up for the knitting pattern site, it has the same kind of questions, and lists crochet as an interest but not knitting.

:eekWell, duh... Why didn't I think about that. I guess I just want crochet to get mentioned REGARDLESS! :crocheting

:eekWell, duh... Why didn't I think about that. I guess I just want crochet to get mentioned REGARDLESS! :crocheting

It seemed odd to me too when i filled out the crochet part, but then when i saw the knitting part, i realized what the deal was :)

I joined the free patterns.com site hoping to be able to download there free patterns. Well, I can get into the pattern but not able to print them off. It tells me that it can't be printed off. You can't even ccp it. On the adobe it says it is secured. I wrote to them telling this this but so far no answer from them. Is any one else having this problem?

I joined the free patterns.com site hoping to be able to download there free patterns. Well, I can get into the pattern but not able to print them off. It tells me that it can't be printed off. You can't even ccp it. On the adobe it says it is secured. I wrote to them telling this this but so far no answer from them. Is any one else having this problem?

I can't even open the files!!!

I've tried 3 times now. I download the file, which takes 10-15 minutes on my dial-up internet, then when I try to open it, I get an error message saying that I can't open the file.

I download pdf files from other sites all the time, and have never had a problem opening them before.

Oh well, there are enough free patterns out there, I guess I really don't need any off this site.

I wonder if AA is going to notice (or if they care) that there will be a lot less traffic to their site. I used to go there at least once a day for the free pattern and ordered from them several times but now I really have no reason to visit them.

I downloaded the T-strap bootied and hooded scarf patterns (wearables - children) and had no problem with the .pdf or printing them once I installed an update. Before I installed the update I was having problems with pdf files from a few other sites as well.

I received a response to my letter:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We are no longer featuring the

free pattern of the day, but you can find lots of free and wonderful

patterns at our other sites: Free-Crochet.com, Free-KnitPatterns.com and

Free-Quilting.com.

We appreciate your interest in all Annie’s Attic has to offer!

Stephanie

Annie’s Attic

(Here is the letter I wrote, if curious:

To Whom it May Concern,

I am writing in regards to the Free Pattern of the Day. I have been a regular customer and it was because I enjoyed this extra service; it was my desire to show my loyalty and appreciation by being a faithful customer.

Please consider bringing back the Free Pattern of the Day. It is of utmost concern at the major international online crafting forums that this has been seemingly discontinued and customers were not involved in nor made aware of the decision. As you are no doubt well aware, there is no shortage of online businesses for fiber artists, and losing a perk such as the Free Pattern of the Day is enough to drive customers to the competition.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Schmetterling

city, state)

I didn't find it, Crazyboutcrochet, another viller did. I just reposted her post as it was in the end of one of the other Annie threads and wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

Archived