That Star Baby set: nb -> 3mo

darski

That Star baby set: newborn-3mo

post-4896-135897421006_thumb.jpg

This sweater set matches the “Star in a Snowflake” doily which I made as a doily ghan . Once I had the blankie I felt the need for a sweater set that could go with. It seems kind of chintzy not to add a little extra :yes for a little one.

post-4896-135897421009_thumb.jpg

I used RH Comfort yarn and 6.5mm hook. 5.5 mm hook for booties. I would guess that I used about one pound of yarn to make the ghan and this set.

The Sweater…

post-4896-135897421012_thumb.jpg

Ch 38

Row 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook, [dc in 1, 2dc in next} rep to end. (54 dc)

Row 2: dc in 4, ch 1, sk 1, dc in 3, c1, dc in 11, ch 1, dc in 3, ch 1, sk 1, dc in 8, ch 1, sk 1, dc in 3, ch 1, dc in 11, ch1, dc in 3, ch 1, sk 1, dc in 4.

Row 3: dc in 2, (ch 1, sk 1, dc in 1)3 times, V-st (dc, ch1, dc) in ch 1 space, dc in 11, V-st in ch1 space, dc in next, (ch 1, sk 1, dc in 1)3 times, dc in 3, (ch 1, sk 1, dc in 1)3 times, V-st in ch1 space, dc in 11, V-st in ch1 sp, dc in next (ch 1, sk 1, dc in 1)3 times, dc in last.

Row 4: dc in 2, dc in ch1 sp, dc in next dc, ch1, sk 1, dc in next dc, dc in ch 1 sp, dc in 2, V-st in V- st, dc in 13,V-st in V-st, dc in 2, dc in ch1 sp, dc in next, ch1 sk 1, dc in next, dc in ch1 sp, dc in 4, dc in ch1 sp, dc in next, ch1, sk 1, dc in next, dc in ch1 sp, dc in 2, V-st in V-st, dc in 13, V-st in V-st, dc in 2, dc in ch1 sp, dc in next, ch1, sk 1, dc in next, dc in ch1 sp, dc in 2.

Row5: work dc in every dc/ch 1 sp and V-st in every V-st. (78 dc including V-sts)

Divide out sleeves:

Row 6: sc up to and into 1st V-st, skip to next V-st, sc in V-sc, sc to next V-st, skip to next V-st, sc in V-st, sc to end.

Row 7: dc in 2, [ch 4, sl st in 3rd ch from hook, (picot made) ch1, sk 1, dc in next]across to last 2, dc in last 2.

Row 8: dc in 3, 3dc in next dc and in every dc bet. picots, dc in last 2dc. (21-3dc groups, 5-dc)

Row 9: dc across row working 1 inc in the middle dc of ea 3dc group.(89 dc)

Row 10: dc evenly across (89 dc)

Row 11: dc in 2, [ch 4, sl st in 3rd ch from hook, (picot made) ch1, sk 1, dc in next]across to last 2, dc in last 2. ch 1

Sc along left front edge to neck, work 3 sc into corner st, (ch 3, sk 1, sc in next) along neck edge, work 3sc into corner and sc along right front edge.

Sleeves: att yarn in sleeve hole. Work 5 rows of dc. Break off and tidy all ends. For safety’s sake I did not want holes and picots near a baby’s hands.. if you would like a row of picots to edge the sleeves, you can work as for the last row of sweater.

Hat…

post-4896-135897421015_thumb.jpg

This hat is a rather loose fit. If I were doing it again, I would work fewer increase rounds or add ear flaps and ties.

Join all rounds.

Row 1: Ch 3, 9 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Join.

(10 dc)

Row 2: 2dc in every dc. (20 dc)

Row 3: [dc in 1, 2 dc in next] to end. (30 dc)

Row 4: [2dc in 1, dc in 2] to end

Row 5: [dc in 4, 2 dc in next] to end.(48 dc)

Row 6 -8: dc evenly around. Ch 1 turn

Row 9: sc in back lop only to end.

Row 10: dc evenly around.ch 1 and turn.

Row 11: sc in same st as joining, *ch 4, slst in 3rd ch from hook (picot) ch 1, sk 1, sc in next* rep. around. Join w/ sl st in beg sc. Break off and tidy all ends.

Booties…

post-4896-135897421017_thumb.jpg

5.5mm hook to keep these snug. join all rows.

Ch 6

Row 1: 2sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in next 2, 5hdc in last ch, hdc in 2, sc in next, 3 more sc in beg st.

Row 2: 2 hdc in 2, hdc in 3, 2hdc in 5, hdc in 3, 2hdc in 3. join. Ch 1 and flip sole good side down.

Row 3: dc evenly around.

Row 4: dc in 1st, dc dec, dc in 4, dc dec X 6, dc in 4, dc dec, dc in last.

Row 5: ch 4, sl st in 3rd ch from hook (picot) ch 1, sc in next, join. Break off and tidy all ends.

Make ties and weave through the dc of row 4.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2009

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is RH WW yarn. That is a 4 weight out of 6 for North American yarn. I have no idea what it would be with international ply standards. :( Our Aussie friends could likely help with that.

it is RH WW yarn. That is a 4 weight out of 6 for North American yarn. I have no idea what it would be with international ply standards. :( Our Aussie friends could likely help with that.

Thanks! That's actually the answer I needed!

I believe that's 12ply to the Aussies and Aran to the Brits Darski :)

Your set is beautiful

I believe that's 12ply to the Aussies and Aran to the Brits Darski :)

Your set is beautiful

Thank you ... twice. I try to remember your weight standards but when I make mental notes these days they disappear :mdust

Beautiful set, Darlene! I also spent a few minutes exploring the site for the doily....thanks for that link! So much information, and rich history...I'll be going back to read and explore more.

Archived