CLLinda

Favorite needles for knitting

What are your favorite knitting needles?

What size, material, brand do you own?

I have some 14 inch, aluminum, size 8 Boyes that are my favorite, because they are Purple.

Tell us about your needles.

:manyheart

I am a newbie to knitting but my favorite so far are the Susan Bates, and I like the plastic needles best. I have them in all sizes...I crochet as well and have Susan Bates hooks.

KnitPicks Options. I don't knit with straight needles anymore.

Knitpicks are by far my one and only neeldes that I use now. I learned how to knit almost 2 years ago on long straight needles. I hated it so much that I almost gave up completely until a friend lent me her knitpicks harmony set. What a difference. I decided then and there that knitting was no longer evil and I now have a set of harmony needles as well as a few of th nickle plated cable needles. I also bought a few of the DP nickle plated and will NEVER again use anything but Knitpicks. Best investment I ever made. If not for knitpicks I would have given up on knitting all together and never known that it could be a joy.

I love my Addi Turbos and Addi lace needles, well worth the money! I'll use anything except wood of any kind, hate those!

I have lot's of aluminum Boye from 0-15 lucked up and was able to get the 0-15 size for just $5.00 not long after I learned how to knit. Plastic Susan Bates one set and big plastic Lion Brand speed stix's size 50. and Clover Bamboo some 9's and 10 1/2 's and 13's? also 3 Bamboo circular's. Still working on learning how to use the Circular's. Oh almost forgot a set of addi bamboo double pointed needles and addi double pointed I think aluminum.

I have a set of Knitpicks Options Nickel Plated needles, and I LOVE them! I let my mom try them out, and she ended up getting a set for her birthday 6 months later because she liked them so much! :manyheart

Hands down, my KnitPicks harmony interchangable set! I also have a set of Denise interchangable, but I don't like them anywhere near as much as the harmony set, plus they are just plain pretty!

I also like my bamboo dpn for socks....

I am a novice knitter, but already have a collection of needles it seems. I have several sizes straights which I never use. I have a set of Boye circulars, some KnitPicks Options and Harmony circulars, some Addis circs and some Clover Bamboos circs. I like the Knitpick Options the best.

Knitpicks are by far my one and only neeldes that I use now. I learned how to knit almost 2 years ago on long straight needles. I hated it so much that I almost gave up completely until a friend lent me her knitpicks harmony set. What a difference. I decided then and there that knitting was no longer evil and I now have a set of harmony needles as well as a few of th nickle plated cable needles. I also bought a few of the DP nickle plated and will NEVER again use anything but Knitpicks. Best investment I ever made. If not for knitpicks I would have given up on knitting all together and never known that it could be a joy.

I drool over those all the time but I find I can use the bamboo ones and so far have been okay with them.

I have 1 pair Lion Brand knitting needles (my favorite they are also lavender my favorite color), I also have Boye aluminum needles, bamboo knitting needles, circular plastic, circular aluminum, aluminum double pointed needles

My favorite are Lion Brand needles & bamboo needles

I have couple decent pairs of strait bamboo needles. I also have a susan bates quick silver circular that I like a lot. By far my favorites are my addi turbos though. I took a sock knitting on 2 circulars class and they strongly recommended them. To help justify the cost I am making socks as Christmas presents on them. They just feel so good!! I am slightly infatuated with them.

It's funny. I am much more of a needle snob than I ever was a hook or yarn snob. Why is that?

I have tried quite a few brands of knitting needles. These days I mostly use the circulars. I like bamboo for cotton and Addi Turbo for everything else. Of course, I can't afford all Addi Turbo needles so I have a few of those and the other brand I own that I like is Inox circulars. They are very much like Addi Turbo, and at less than half the price, they'll do. If I could afford it though, I'd buy Addi Turbo exclusively. :manyheart

I have Addi circulars and they are great. The bamboo are good for not letting stitches drop and I liked them best at first, but now that I have practiced a bit more I see the advantage of the Turbo which are faster.

I love my Knitpicks Options Nickel Plated needles for just about everything unless I'm using a very silky soft yarn on bigger needles for perhaps a scarf and then I want my bamboo or wood ones.