PLARN Sandals

CrochetDad

Great congrats, Gene! On your great plarn sandals (nice design), on your second place win, and on your pending newspaper article! Do drop us a link when it hits the net.

:)congrats on winning! :clap i checked into entering something this year into our texas fair, but entries must be turned in by july 31st :eek and for me thats not enough time for what i wanted to enter, :blush oh well maybe next year

:)congrats on winning! :clap i checked into entering something this year into our texas fair, but entries must be turned in by july 31st :eek and for me thats not enough time for what i wanted to enter, :blush oh well maybe next year

Please do follow up on this - it's so much fun to see your items on display, whether or not they win a prize.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I ask you a PLARN question - I'm getting into it with bags and the like .... how do you connect your strips? I've tried a few different methods, but nothing seems to work that great (for me, at least).

I love the sandals - I know you posted it a while ago - but I'm new :P

Can I ask you a PLARN question - I'm getting into it with bags and the like .... how do you connect your strips? I've tried a few different methods, but nothing seems to work that great (for me, at least).

I love the sandals - I know you posted it a while ago - but I'm new :P

Cris,

I use this method:

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/02/17/instructions-for-cutting-plastic-bags-creating-recycled-plastic-yarn/

• 2 weeks later...

What a neat idea. Thanks for the website link, CrochetDad. I have it bookmarked. My DD will be thrilled that she can crochet using those ever present plastic bags that we have been trying to get away from. Congratulations on your win. Your sandals were absolutely amazing.

Archived