Crochet in True Blood!

I don't know if anyone else watches this show, but it's about Southern vampires and I've spotted a few crocheted items on there :)

I was wondering if there were other fans of the show that saw them too so we could maybe have a crochet along or something in the future.

Yay! I watch it and I have seen lots of crochet! A lot of thread work, doilies and such. I will have to keep a better eye on it. Unfortunately, I had to rent the first season, as I don't have HBO....so I don't know if I can make any good suggestions for a CAL. :(

But I am up for trying!!

I'm addicted to True Blood! I was actually just about to start a thread about this when I saw yours. There's a picture in this thread from season 1 that I love.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=90949&highlight=True+Blood

I know that some people haven't seen season 2, so I won't spoil anything, but there are some really pretty afghans. In episode 2, there is a ripple afghan hanging on the back of a couch that is pretty.

However, in episode 3, one character comes home and wraps himself in a GORGEOUS traditional granny square afghan. It has multi-colored grannies trimmed in black. I've always loved that look, but I've never made one for some reason. I love to make granny squares, and I even love to sew them together (weird, I know.) Maybe I'll start one. Maybe I can do that in a CAL?

As far as suggestions for a CAL, perhaps someone would want to make an afghan inspired by one that is seen in the show. There is another one from the first season that looks like a multi-color giant granny. You can see it in the scene when Tara and Jason are cuddling on the couch after they meet Bill at Sookie's grandmother's house when Bill comes to call on Sookie.

I also think I remember seeing Tara wearing a tank top that I thought looked like it was trimmed with crochet around the neck. That was in the first season also, but I am not sure which episode.

I don't think that I would be able to crochet during the show, though. I'm usually too busy covering my eyes, giggling with delight, or drooling over Eric. Sometimes, I'm doing all three at the same time. :D

Yes I noticed the crochet starting in the first season. This season in last Sunday's episode a very pretty granny square afghan was on the back os a couch. I loved the colors and I would love to start a granny square afghan. I have never crocheted a granny square afghan and stitched it together. I am not sure if I can get the whole project done. I have a problem with finishing projects. Also I just can't buy anymore yarn at this time. I need to destash. Maybe we could do a scrap and one in the same color as last Sunday's episode.

Yes I noticed the crochet starting in the first season. This season in last Sunday's episode a very pretty granny square afghan was on the back os a couch. I loved the colors and I would love to start a granny square afghan. I have never crocheted a granny square afghan and stitched it together. I am not sure if I can get the whole project done. I have a problem with finishing projects. Also I just can't buy anymore yarn at this time. I need to destash. Maybe we could do a scrap and one in the same color as last Sunday's episode.

Theresa, That's the great thing about granny squares...you just make them as you can and out of whatever scrap yarn you have. When you have enough, you just put them together. I've made lots of granny ghans, but just never one trimmed in black. I usually start sewing them together before I get them all finished.

It will probably take a while to get all of those squares done, so you can use your scraps and buy the joining color later.

yeah! so much crochet in true blood.

jason has a afghan in his house that i saw when he took amy home, and i do remember seeing the afghan when sookie brought bill home too :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just found this thread...I love the show too! I don't think I could crochet while it was on, I am glued to the tv and would never be able to crochet! But if you want to start a CAL..I'd be into it. Maybe a themed afghan...in colors of black and red...or a graph-ghan of your favorite character? Gezzz..I don't think I can pick ONE favorite...I love everyone on there!! Since this season is almost over, we could start and post our progress till next season starts?

funny, I keep checking out the crochet in the show also! I love the series and have gotten alot of my friends addicted to it. There is something about the cliffhangers at the end of each episode.

• 8 months later...
However, in episode 3, one character comes home and wraps himself in a GORGEOUS traditional granny square afghan. It has multi-colored grannies trimmed in black. I've always loved that look, but I've never made one for some reason. I love to make granny squares, and I even love to sew them together (weird, I know.) Maybe I'll start one. Maybe I can do that in a CAL?

I was re-watching some of the Season 2 episodes today and I saw when Lafayette wrapped himself in the granny square afghan, and I couldn't help but think about how much I loved the colors on that ghan! :)

I LOVE True Blood!!!

Daughter got first season on netflix, so we watched that. We watched season 2 on HBO.. not sure what we are going to do to watch season 3. We don't have HBO anymore. It was a promotion at the time.

I did pick up the first book and read that. Am waiting for wal mart to get the second and third book in. They were sold out of those.

I LOVE True Blood!!!

Daughter got first season on netflix, so we watched that. We watched season 2 on HBO.. not sure what we are going to do to watch season 3. We don't have HBO anymore. It was a promotion at the time.

I did pick up the first book and read that. Am waiting for wal mart to get the second and third book in. They were sold out of those.

I don't know if you live near a Target, but I know I've bought the first 8 Sookie books at Target for $5.99 each. (They also have the 9th book in paperback and the 10th book just came out in hardback, but I'm a little behind!)

Do you want to buy all of the books? You could check out your local library. I read the first 3 and got them from the library. I think it is about time for the series to start. My Sister and her Husband would sign up for HBO just long enough for the series they liked to watch when the season stopped they canceled.

I LOVE True

Blood!!!

Maybe I got the season mixed up. I got Book 2 "Living Dead in Dallas" and it starts with LaFayette dead in Andy's car. I thought Mariane was season 2 :shrug:think.

Season 1 = Killer/Murderer

Season 2 = Godrick?

Season 3 = Mariane?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I love the show, and I love Crochet! I also like the black granny square afghan. Maybe a bunch of us should make one at the same time, lol.

• 7 months later...

I love True Blood! I'm currently working on an afghan like Lafayette has :)

I just ran across this site & thought I'd share. I DID NOT make these, but they are soooo cute :)

http://nightsofpassion.wordpress.com/2011/07/07/true-blood-fan-crochets-dolls-sookie-bill-and-more/

Archived