"the poor didn't want these" final in post 79

darski

Is this cheerful and bright or just garish?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Is this cheerful and bright or just garish?

• It's cheerful and bright :D
    • I'm far too nice a person to vote on this ;)
    • It's just plain garish, deal with it :(

....Just want to let you know that I am on the last round of the border...

Oooh, can't wait! Looking forward to seeing your bordered beauty, Darski!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's fine...to me it's very 60's/70's and for some, that's still insanely cool. Yeah, others might find it garish...so what? Donate it, some one will like it...believe me.

You did a GREAT job on it and I'd edge it in white...

Here it is folks. I rather like it now that it has borders. it is still very bright (even garish) but it will sure keep someone warm... that last border row just about melted me getting it done. :rofl

post-4896-135897423246_thumb.jpg

I will send this along to my cousin who has access to patients who love these. :ghug

Thank you all for encouraging me to continue. it was well worth the use of my white yarn. :wlol

post-4896-135897423243_thumb.jpg

Brava, Darski! :applause Just as I imagined, your multicolor border tames those wild and lovely marigolds. I like that you ruffled it too, lending some depth and diversion. Great job!

I liked it before the border. But now its absolutely drop dead gorgeous. The multicolor border really sets it off. Ohhhh, someone is going to be very lucky when they receive it.

Here it is folks. I rather like it now that it has borders. it is still very bright (even garish) but it will sure keep someone warm... that last border row just about melted me getting it done. :rofl

[ATTACH]4524[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4525[/ATTACH]

I will send this along to my cousin who has access to patients who love these. :ghug

Thank you all for encouraging me to continue. it was well worth the use of my white yarn. :wlol

:clap:yay:manyheart

Wow!! This is beautiful!!! Hats off to you for the time and effort you put into such an amazing project :cheer

• 2 weeks later...

Darski - just saw the 'final ghan' - it is BEAUTIFUL. Love the way the border ties it all together. Well done. I'm sure it will be very much appreciated by it's new owner

I still LOVE it...What pattern did you use?? I want to make one like it..GORGEOUS...

I found a picture on the internet that I worked from so I can't give a source, Sorry :(

And of course I have no idea where I got it either... had it in my pics folder for ages. :sigh

• 3 months later...

[ATTACH]4524[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4525[/ATTACH]

I ran across the original post and then clicked to see it finished and it's just stunning! I LOVE it although I do love bright colors. But you did a great job and whoever gets it is very lucky!

It really is a beautiful afghan, but the colors are just not mine.

Some people might like those colors but if it were given to me, even tho the pattern is gorgeous, I'm afraid it would be hidden away in a closet.

I'm more into earthy and country colors, quite a bit more subdued.

But it is still a very beautiful afghan and I like it even more after you put the border on it.

But, personally, I wouldn't be able to use it.

The border really sets it off!! Well done. DH is in cardiac rehab but on the floor with brain injured patients. Believe me, they could use something bright and cheery. Good for you for donating to a cause.

Archived