"the poor didn't want these" final in post 79

darski

Is this cheerful and bright or just garish?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Is this cheerful and bright or just garish?

• It's cheerful and bright :D
    • I'm far too nice a person to vote on this ;)
    • It's just plain garish, deal with it :(

Another two cents from me: Sometimes a light and lacy afghan or wrap is just what's needed in an air-conditioned room. If your afghan isn't too very large, a shut-in could use it over the shoulders. My own home is full of afghans I've made in varying thicknesses and degrees of "holey-ness," and they're all used.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm like some of the others. I personally prefer more muted colors.

HOWEVER I know a lady who loves:manyheart these bright colors, so someone will love it. Especially if they like needlework or use to do crochet. That is great work.

I like the idea of it over a sheet to keep the excess cold out (I could have used that this morning, it was hot going to bed so I had the fan on, got cold before sunrise, turned off the fan and a sheet just didn't cut it).

Debbi

Coming from a crocheter who is pretty much a beginner, I'd say your afghan is soooo pretty. All my work so far is pretty simple, and this one so lacy, and I like the colors together, very bright. Someone will be very pleased to receive this one!

~Nina

I bet you wish about now that you had just used the word “too”. Sorry, I seem to have gone off on a tangent. I just glad you weren’t angry. Oh, I’m pretty sure I made a few grammatical mistakes in this email.

I’m not a big fan of “granny-squares” but I have to say your project struck me quite pleasantly. It’s bright, even cheerful, but I would never have come up with garish. The eye of the beholder and all that, I’m poor and I would take it.

I’m trying to remember the line you used from T.S.o.M. and nothing is bubbling up. Was this said to Maria about the civvies she was given as she left the convent?

I’m trying to remember the line you used from T.S.o.M. and nothing is bubbling up. Was this said to Maria about the civvies she was given as she left the convent?

Yep... The Captain suggested those duds should go to the poor and "The poor didn't want these" was her reply :rofl

I have to admit that I keep that in mind for all my charitable giving. If I wouldn't take it I don't give it.

Oooh it's pretty! (Admittedly I don't own much that is red or orange, as I'm a pastel girly-girly and like purple/pink/blue/turquoise/etc...but it is so bright and cheerful and pretty!)

For some reason I can see this either in a guest bedroom on the bed or on a white wicker lounge chair on a three season porch

I think you did a lovely job and there is no reason to store (hide) it in a closet

I would border it with white yarn, and I know how hard it has been to get decent white yarn lately.

Your work is flawless as well as beautiful, someone will cherish it :hug

I think it is very pretty, and I usually am not a fan of orangey tones. Please put a border on it, it looks a little bare without one.

Besides bright colors are "in" now, so you are right on.

You are very talented, and everything you create is a work of art!!!

It reminds me a bit of "Laugh In" when they would open little doors and say a joke and then close the doors.

I still like it! Will you post a picture when the border is done?

"My dear, is there anything you can't do?" (also from sound of music)

Oh it's bright, beautiful, AND cheerful!!! I love it!! I absolutely love bright colors. I would be so proud to display it in my home! :manyheart:yes

I guess some people would call ME garish... but it's all a matter of opinion. ;)

First let me say. Your afghan is beautiful. My mother gave me a quilt top that her mother had made,in those colors and my initial reaction was not positive. A friend encouraged me to finish it. I'll keep working on mine and you keep working on yours. I think we both will be happy with the results.

OOPS, OOPS, OOPS!

I just came across this posting of mine. If the top part of the message doesn’t seem to make any sense, it’s because it doesn’t belong on this message. I’ll explain; when I sit down to do my computer stuff (this site and others) I open up “Word” because I like its features and don’t always like other word processing programs. As I go along and feel the compulsion to write to, or about something I just skip a space or two, write what I must and then cut and paste. Well the top portion was in fact the bottom portion of another communication all together. Oh! How I miss my mind. —John Hablinski

OOPS, OOPS, OOPS!

I just came across this posting of mine. If the top part of the message doesn’t seem to make any sense, it’s because it doesn’t belong on this message. I’ll explain; when I sit down to do my computer stuff (this site and others) I open up “Word” because I like its features and don’t always like other word processing programs. As I go along and feel the compulsion to write to, or about something I just skip a space or two, write what I must and then cut and paste. Well the top portion was in fact the bottom portion of another communication all together. Oh! How I miss my mind. —John Hablinski

I did rather wonder but then my mind keeps taking 'personal days' so I figured that I had missed something. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I like it and think you should alternate the three colors for a border. I have made some questionably colored afghans and went ahead and donated them anyway--someone somewhere will love it and appreciate it!!

Thank you all. Just want to let you know that I am on the last round of the border. I am working shells on shells to continue the round motif (hey I could sell this on the Ferengi homeworld).

I worked a row of white 5-dc shells, yellow 7-dc shells and the last row is in orange with [2 tr, 5dc, 2tr] in each shell. will post a pic as soon as we have sun and a finished ghan at the same time. :rofl

Archived