"the poor didn't want these" final in post 79

darski

Is this cheerful and bright or just garish?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Is this cheerful and bright or just garish?

• It's cheerful and bright :D
    • I'm far too nice a person to vote on this ;)
    • It's just plain garish, deal with it :(

I"m with the majority here, love it! A border will just make it prettier.

My Uncle lived in a nursing home for 4 yrs, before he passed in January.

I can tell ya, any of the folks there would love and cherish a pretty like this. :hug

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it, too! And your work is just gorgeous!! The pattern must have taken quite a while to do. Please don't deprive someone of your hard work!!! Finish it and donate it...

It is very pretty and I would snuggle with it and love it, so I am sure there are many who would snuggle with and feel the love you put into making such a beautiful blanket.

Darski it is beautiful. Personally I really like the colours. To me they are bright and cheerful. They remind me of my mother who LOVED these colours. Definately donate it.

I love it. But I've noticed that as I get older the more I like bright colors. The brighter, the better. These colors are right up my alley. I would definitely donate it. It will brighten someone's day.

I think it is beautiful !!! THe workmanship is lovely !!!!.So many people are grateful that someone cares enough to do anything...let alone this nice !!! Donate it knowing you made something with care and love !

These are not my colors. I like the earth tones, and also cooler tones. But your work is fantastic and I'm sure that someone out there would be thrilled to receive it. I would probably put a white border around it to finish it off.

Happy crocheting,

antwerpnative

It's beautiful & cheery. Very nice work Darski!

If I were going to part with that, I'd border it & donate it to a women's abuse shelter. My mother worked at one of those once & those women really need cheering up when they check in. Most of the time they have no pretty things because they grabbed their kids & ran for their lives.:(

I think more solid squares are warmer for older people. Just an opinion. But it is beautiful no matter who gets it.

That could have been featured on the front page of a '70s needlework magazine. Colors go in and out of cycles, and those just happen to be out of fashiobn right now, but that doesn't mean nobody likes them. I think your colors are pretty and cheerful and could be just right for the right person or the right setting. I would crochet a nice, wide white border on it. The pattern is very pretty and somebody will love the piece.

Thank you all. I am thinking it is well worth the white yarn it needs to put the border on. I also like the idea of donating it to Womens' Place.

The large holes were a problem for me but I was also thinking that if it were on top of sheets for someone who is bedriddent... it could work. :wlol

Darski,

Your afghan is absolutely gorgeous and so well made (as everything that I have seen made by you is). The only problem that I can think of w/ it is that several people will see it at the same time and a fight will break out over it.

Donate it. It will brighten another person's day, lift their spirit and give them comfort every time they wrap themselves in it. :)

Sandy

Thank you all. I am thinking it is well worth the white yarn it needs to put the border on. I also like the idea of donating it to Womens' Place.

That's a great idea. Especially someone in an emotionally dark place needs these strong and vibrant colours. :yes

When I saw the blanket it reminded me of:

1- yellow/orangey-red bell peppers

2- big stick popsicle ice cream

3- hot spicy chili peppers

4- those 2 colors together in a roses that my mom used to have in her garden

Anyways its a beautiful blanket.

jaye

Archived