uk crocheters r u there?

i'm from Salisbury in wiltshire n was hoping to meet more ppl n would be nice to ask shopping questions too no matter where in uk ppl r lol :hugsorry 4 short vhand but got daughter sat on lap so cant seem to type well ':(

i'm from Salisbury in wiltshire n was hoping to meet more ppl n would be nice to ask shopping questions too no matter where in uk ppl r lol :hugsorry 4 short vhand but got daughter sat on lap so cant seem to type well ':(

I am from the south coast of the UK...in West Sussex...:):hook

• 6 months later...

Hi,:yarn

I live in North Somerset.

Not sure there are many resources for crochet materials around here. Our local wool shop has just closed. So I need to go about 25 miles to get anything from the Hobby place.

But I have pretty well all the hooks I shall ever need. And as for the wool ... I can always order it from the internet.

I am retired due to ill health and crochet is one of many relaxing past times.

:hook:crocheting

I'm down in the very South East corner.... an internet shopper here as I mainly do thread work - If I'm doing wool work I have a really good LYS in Dover and Canterbury so I can usually get what I need there - a Hobbycraft has opened up about 20 miles away but not been over there yet - the other ones of them I have been to have been a bit disappointing :( You can't beat popping over to the USA for supplies though - an empty suitcase definately required!!!

• 1 month later...

nice to see so many uk crocheters out there. i live near stonehenge and nearest DECENT wool shop is MILES away and i dont drive was wondering my partner drives me to rarely but he hates my stash so limits me ALOT grrrrr i'm lucky i have such a gud usa friend in syracuse who is raiding her stash to send me some of the types of yarns i've never seen b4 (LOVE YOU LORRI) i'm really excited although its gonna take a while to get here... why can't we have a decent selection of yarns over here like over there.... it'd be my 2nd home lol as long as they allowed lil ones of course lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am from Cheshire. Just outside Chester actually. I do quite well for wool. Even my local village DIY store sells wool. I visit a wool shop in Blakemere Crafts which is about 20 mins drive. However the majority of my stash came from my mum and friend as they gave up knitting and gave me all their stash. I also visit charity shops and have picked up some nice wool that way for very small amounts of cash. I found internet shopping prohibiting because of the price of postage. Is there anyone else from Cheshire?

Archived