Lizard

Basketweave blanky

The basketweave part of this became quite heavy using SS yarn so I made up a border to "lighten" it up. (hope this works)

post-10436-135897420139_thumb.jpg

post-10436-135897420147_thumb.jpg

Very pretty and a different kind of pattern, which is always interesting.

You did a great job making up that border. It does take from the heaviness of the basketweave. Very pretty blanket. ~ Deb

I :manyheart that afghan. Is that from a pattern or just something you "whipped up"?

The basketweave is my favorite blanky to make. You have taken it to another level with your beautiful border.

I really enjoy the basketweave pattern. I made the mistake of creating a cotton cardigan with it once. The sweater was beautiful but so heavy. Not only is cotton heavy but the basketweave is a very dense stitch.

Beautiful blanket!!! I love the color combination as well as the patterns. The border really adds to the pattern. Great job!!!!!

what colors did you use on the border did you use the basket around the border the colors pop super cool

I love the different colors around the border - it really adds to the blanket. The basketweave pattern is one of my favorites. Your blanket is very pretty!

Good job. The blankie is very pretty with those colors.

I love your blanket and your border really makes it stand out to be notice and your use of color's are great. Thank you for sharing.

beautiful ghan - the border sets it of perfectly

Thanks for the lovely comments. I did just "whip" it up.

As far as the colors on the border, they are mango and lemonade I believe (dont' have the wrappers with the color names any longer). I just did double crochet, ch 1, skip st, dc, etc. and just kind of make it up as I went.

Thanks Again.

The basketweave is so attractive, I had never realised how much it would be enhanced by a more open-stitch border, what a great idea!

Beautiful!!!!

Very Pretty Love it ... I think it would look cute in pink and yellow humm I may have to make one...