Crochet Or Knit More?

Crochet Or Knit More?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Crochet Or Knit More?

• Crochet!!!
    • Knit!!!
    • Both...evenly.

For those of you who Crochet and Knit...

Do you Crochet or Knit more?

I crochet mostly...but I do pick up the needles every once in a while:knit But I like crochet better:hook

So do you Crochet or Knit more?

-Baylee

P.S. Which one do you like more?

I do both. I prefer crochet, but sometimes I pick up the needles and do a knit item just so I don't forget how to do it.

I do both pretty much evenly. I usualy have a wip of both. I can't say I prefer one over the other because I make different things in each. I would never knit an afghan, nor would I ever crochet socks!

I'm sure your going to get mostly people that crochet more just beacuse this is Crochetville! LOL!

These days I've been doing more knitting, but I plan to do more crocheting in the next few months. I have several projects in mind that I want to make for Christmas for either gifts are decorations around the house.

I did knitting when I was a lot younger (in the 1970's) but after making a Christmas stocking for my nephew, I learned how to do more than a chain in crochet, and I've never knitted since then. Crocheting is soooooo much faster and easier to correct if you make a mistake. :crocheting

It depends on my mood and the project I am wanting to make but I would have to say crochet. It is much faster and correcting a mistake is much easier but some things are better in crochet and some are better in knit. It just depends on your personal preference.

:hook I have crocheted for years, but learned to knit for the sole (pun) purpose of making knitted socks with the striped yarn......

I just finished a crocheted baby sweater set (sweater, bonnet & booties) and

my love of crochet overwhelmed me :c9 and then I started work on the 4 dpn for another pair of socks (finished 3 knitted pair already).....

I HATED IT! I've proved to myself I can knit if I want to, but I love crochet!

SO>>>>>>>>>>>>>back to crochet for me!!!! :cheer

I can knit almost anything but I much more prefer crochet and I don`t know if it is easier for me but it is more versatile, it is so easy to take anywhere and to find out where you finished...

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for "both evenly" since right now that's about what I'm doing.

Years ago, I only crocheted and would only knit when I really had to, such as when someone requested something that was knit. Then, I learned how to knit mittens and socks and was totally hooked on knitting, so I set the crocheting aside. Now that I've mastered most knitting stitches and feel confident with my knitting, I find that I crochet more than I was. I am in a few crochet swap groups and am working on a few afghans, so I do crochet about half the time right now. But, when I'm achy, I always knit, since it takes less movement for me to knit than to crochet, so knitting is easier with my pain issues.

I voted that I crochet and knit evenly. But lately I've been crocheting more.

Right now I'm in the middle of taking Karen Wooley's class "The Savvy Single Crochet" and love it.

OTH: scarf, bed blanket for a 5-year old in yummy crayon colors.

OTN: scarf and afghan for my friend's daughter.

I also do needlepoint, and am working on a geometric sampler in luscious greens with orange splashes of color.

Happy Crocheting,

antwerpnative

I mostly crochet and just pick up the needles occasionally. Because I've been crocheting for a very long time, I can practically crochet in my sleep.:sleep And I am just learning knitting, so I really have to pay attention. So unless it has to be knitted, I usually choose a crochet option if I can.

Knitting is good but I really have to pay attention.

:manyheart

I do both, but much prefer crochet.

I learned both as a child, crochet from grandma and knit from one of grandma's neighbors. I love the feel and drape of knit, but don't have the patience for it since I discovered the versitality and speed of crochet. Besides it is so easy to purchase knit items in the store without all the time spent, and usually cheaper than the cost of the yarn.

I've learned how to knit at least three times..... Just can't coordinate two needles at one time to go into two different directions and connect!........

Lol.....Debbie

uwcheese

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried knitting. Several times, but when it comes to the point where I'm having to use the second needle, I fail to get it right. I wish I could knit well enough to make some socks...

Archived