12" square request..no more needed..thank you..photo #25

smith

I would like to put together a comforghan for a sweet friend who is slowly watching her Mom pass from cancer. Day after day her struggle gets harder. She is mostly alone except a dog at home and a fience who is several states away. I would like to give her some comfort in some way.

I am asking for jewel tones, since she has such a bright character and her heart is filled with priceless jewels. I am needing probably 20 squares (4X5) enough to get a nice long large wam snuggle in.

Thank you for any assistance...

Susan

**my friends mom passed this morning surrounded by friend and family, peaceful and free of pain.....7-2-09

**I have squares to start putting together, thank you everyone who has helped me make this comfortghan. I am still playing with layout but hope to finish this weekend.....7-12-09

**finished my comfortghan for my wonderful friend, packed and will send Monday....7-26-09

Hi Susan ~ I will help. I should have something ready by Monday. Hugs to your friend. I don't think it's ever easy having to deal with losing a dear loved one. You are a special friend for doing this for her. :hug

Hi Susan! I have three ready for you. :yarn Each one is a different color and pattern, and has a special meaning based on its' related gem stone color. Please note that you do not have to use all of them (or any) if they don't fit with what you have in mind to do. ;) I will send them out on Monday. I'm on the East coast, so I expect it may take a short while to reach you. Hope you have a peaceful weekend! :manyheart

I have a skein of what i think of as jewel tones that I've been dying to make a square or two from -- check out the color at this link

http://www.shopcaron.com/Rainbow-Dreams_c_39.html

then pm me if the colors work for you. Also, do you have anything against 12" grannies -- or would you prefer a more solid square?

I have a skein of what i think of as jewel tones that I've been dying to make a square or two from -- check out the color at this link

http://www.shopcaron.com/Rainbow-Dreams_c_39.html

then pm me if the colors work for you. Also, do you have anything against 12" grannies -- or would you prefer a more solid square?

I thing would be wonderful. I have nothing against regular grannies and I would be happy to use them.

Thank you

grannytyme and Debbie I pm'd you both....:hug thank you

TCarra thank you :hug I will let you know when I get them.

thank you for helping me!! :hug

I am only familiar with redheart mainly....royal blue, amytst, paddy green, cherrry red....not quite sure on the names of the other colors.

I just mailed you a square.
:hugthank you I will let you know when they arrive.

Meg I recieved your squares today! They are so soft and snuggly and the colors are perfect!!!

FYI....my friends mom passed this morning, peacefully and painfree surrounded by friends and family.

If you send me your addy I will see what I can do. I think I still have some royalle blue left from some other squares I sent out. Death is never easy. I lost my dad to stomach cancer, my sister to lung cancer and my mom to a brain tumor. It never gets any easier. You are in my prayers. Goldie

Tracy I recieve your beautiful squares! I :manyheart the meanings of the colors you sent. I would like to include them in the package.

:hug Deedes your square is perfect

a big thank you to cindy for her wonderful squares :hug

Goldie, thank you for helping. I pm'd you my address

I am hoping to get this together this weekend and mail it early next week. I will keep everyone updated.

grannytme :manyheart I recieved your square yesterday, thank you again.

I recieved another square from Ms. Patrick :hug thank you. I love the stitch you used.

Goldie I will let you know when it arrives!

Are you still looking for squares? I have a beautiful purple and teal yarn. I'd love to help. My thoughts and prayers to your friend. And God bless you for trying to make someone's life happier.

Archived