Yet another Florida member!

SolarSoda

I hesitate to call myself a "crocheter" just yet as I have no finished projects. And my abysmal start at the one project I really want to make only adds to my frustration. Grr.

I was motivated to come here for one goal, but I can already see many reasons to stay. My primary goal is to learn how to make Christine Haden's Creepy Cute Crochet projects. I want to make a Fuzzy Alien - I would really like to find a real, live person here in the area who can help me learn to read the instructions and help me make the projects exactly the way they are pictured in the book.

That being said, I know part of the beauty of this art is taking a project and making it one's own ... but I've got to start somewheres!

I know I'm asking a lot, but if anyone can point me in the right direction or help me, I would really appreciate it. :D

Thank you, and thank you for having me here. :c9

Welcome from a fellow Floridian. I hope you find someone that can help you. Crocheting is such a fun and satisfaction filled craft. I love it. Enjoy the group...i know you will.

lined

Welcome from Virginia. I am sure you will find the help you need from this site. Look foward to seeing your work.

I hesitate to call myself a "crocheter" just yet as I have no finished projects. And my abysmal start at the one project I really want to make only adds to my frustration. Grr.

I was motivated to come here for one goal, but I can already see many reasons to stay. My primary goal is to learn how to make Christine Haden's Creepy Cute Crochet projects. I want to make a Fuzzy Alien - I would really like to find a real, live person here in the area who can help me learn to read the instructions and help me make the projects exactly the way they are pictured in the book.

That being said, I know part of the beauty of this art is taking a project and making it one's own ... but I've got to start somewheres!

I know I'm asking a lot, but if anyone can point me in the right direction or help me, I would really appreciate it. :D

Thank you, and thank you for having me here. :c9

Awww!!! That book looks adorable! I think all my friends and family need to start having kids right quick, so I can start making baby blankies and stuffies for them!!!

Welcome! :welcome to crochetville from Northern Virginia

Awww!!! That book looks adorable! I think all my friends and family need to start having kids right quick, so I can start making baby blankies and stuffies for them!!!

Welcome! :welcome to crochetville from Northern Virginia

You can have some of mine :lol I counted, in the last 2 years there's been 10 pregnancies between my friends and immediate co-workers :eek

• 3 months later...

Wow, I feel a little sheepish now, as I had NO idea there were so many responses here! So many wonderful responses too! Hello to you all, especially the Floridians! Through your kind hellos I see a veritable treasure trove of ideas, assistance, support, and most importantly inspiration.

I wish I could promise I'm going to be here religiously, every day, posting the same kind of lovely 'welcome' comments to the newcomers the way you've done for me, but that is not realistic for me. Maybe over time. I'll tell you one thing, if I'm ever lacking for motivation I'm going to come here ASAP!

As for my own progress: zero. Zilch, nada, nothing, I'm sad to report. But I'm always thinking about it, and obviously you regulars here are passionate about what you all do. You truly live up to the motto under the name: "Discussing, encouraging, and supporting crochet." That's cool. THANK YOU for the warm welcome, hope to see you around sometime!

:day

You joined Crochetville before I did. I just joined in September. But I wanted to say hello :waving from another Floridian.

:sun That's our Florida sunshine right there.

I hope you are able to find time to come here. You will love it. If you are needing some motivation, check out the beautiful patterns here, I know you will find something you like. And once you start crocheting, you will not want to stop.:hook

Hope to see you around the 'ville!

Archived