Nouveau Riche

thecrochetdude

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! That particular style of art isn't my bag, but damn that's impressive! I wouldn't make it for my household, but I would definitely make it as a gift.

Great work, Drew. You're creativity never ceases to amaze me!

OMG drew, that is beautiful, another wonderful creation from the crochetdude. where do you get your ideas from, dang wish i had that much talent:manyheart :manyheart i know my hubby would love that

so is it going to be for sale(the pattern)? cause if it is, do ya take money orders :lol :lol :lol :lol is awesome great job:hug :hug

Wow everyone! Thanks for such enthusiastic feedback! I love crochetville!!! :bounce

Sonny - It is done in panels, but in four different sizes. I thought it would break up the design and make it look like each of the "squares" was a piece of "glass".

Julie - I will definitely announce here at Crochetville when the pattern is published. It will be available at Lulu.com as an individual pattern since it will be several pages long with diagrams, etc.

Vicki - Yep, I take money orders! :mail

MaryMac - I just love this period of art. It was brief but powerful and still influences us today. Frank Lloyd Wright built his career on the basis of art nouveau, cleaning it up and simplifying it. Also if you look at any of the Elvish buildings in the Lord of the Rings trilogy you will see that they are all designed with an art nouveau sensibility.

I think this ghan will make a great Christmas gift so I'm going to get the pattern edited ASAP. I designed it per the request of my brother who loves to crochet, but feels he can never find unique and interesting patterns that aren't girly. Now you would think that I would give him the one that I just worked up, right? :rofl I don't think so! All he asked for was a pattern. ;)

Wow! That particular style of art isn't my bag, but damn that's impressive! I wouldn't make it for my household, but I would definitely make it as a gift.

Great work, Drew. You're creativity never ceases to amaze me!

LOL Amy - your comment makes me think of Austin Powers! :rofl Now I'm going to search Amazon.com for the nearly forgotten book: "Art Nouveau Afghans: This Style is my Bag, Baby" by Amy Aliassak.

Have a great day! :bounce

WOW!!! and I even like it on the floor....would look like it would make a very inviting area rug. The design is incredible!!

Hi Pamela! That's a fantastic idea! Perhaps make it out of RH Craft Cotton (I think that's what they call it), or even fabric strips!

It's beautiful "artwork" Drew.. :gallery

(While you were working on this, I made 2 "cupcake" hats and a bookmark!...:haha )

• 1 year later...

Archived