It all adds up

jeannej

Yay! -I finished my second purse today!...This could become addictive. lol

In creating my latest, I stole the creative ideas of fellow show-and-tellers here on the forum of 'B & P'::: I grabbed the basic style from TurtleLvr's autumnal tote; nabbed the pattern stitch from the Chakra Purse that rshseaeagle and I whipped up earlier; and pocketed the idea of adding an embellishment from Lacy Lucy's little black bag (picking my flower and leaf-chain from CrochetPatternCentral). As a final touch, I swapped the 'sl st' edging around the top for a bit sturdier 'reverse-sc', and then lined it with a cotton wave-print that picks up the 'sea blue' of the nylon cording that I used to crochet the purse (typically used for macrame and the like)....So, I put 'em all together and this is how it turned out:::

post-29383-135897419368_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, 'stealing' ideas from here and there...Would that make this a..."purloined purse!" = ; D (sorry, I'll blame that on the heat!)

Thank you for sharing your ideas, everyone - You inspire me! ((HUGS))

Edit: made thumbnails 'clickable'.

post-29383-135897419361_thumb.jpg

post-29383-135897419365_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all so much for your kind comments. It means a lot to have others familiar with the art of crochet share their thoughts. Crochetville is a warm and welcoming community and I'm so glad to have found a place here with you all. ((HUGS))

Umme uysuf, imanurse55, goldenj32w2, my2bois and croschet03, regarding the color: I know that the settings on individual monitors may vary, so for what it's worth, I'm finding that my posted image, at least on my screen, is coming off more blue than the true color of the 'seablue' cording that I used...it actually has more of greenish-blue cast to it.

Jezzabell, yes, doesn't that stitch lend a neat texture? I immediately fell for it while making the Caron's Chakra Purse and just had to revisit it with this project. I wasn't sure how it would work up with this nylon cording I used, having never crocheted anything with it before, but I'm glad I tried it (an added plus is that the cording has a nice 'heft' to it for a smaller bag like this one).

Archived