Help needed One of our member's dh had a stroke/Afghan finished

HappyOldCro

Oh, nearly forgot. Getting a loan of a camera this weekend, so hoping to get those pics up...

Will also have to make large center square bigger. I measured wrong, and forgot to allow for joining the squares, thank goodness I have enough of that yarn left over.

Took pics this am, don't know how good they will look but they covered the cushions of the couch. Have to wait now for him to print them and bring them back so I can scan the pics and post them here, :lol .

A big project but you guys are well worth it. Just hope the pictures he took come out good.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to my calculations, recieved another today, deedes did 4, I did 8 and that means I need 7, expecting 3 more from others, so that leaves 4 more needed. So if you don't mind, I sure could use them...:hug

I have 4 squares 4u in cream and bone color. They will go out 2day if hubby remembers to stop by the po on his lunch break.

Pics were horrid,

Wall was green and couch was yellow, and the squares were ?????. Considering that my walls are cream and the couch a beige with brown flecks, well you get the picture...

Actually, no one is getting the pictures, :lol.

Now that I have plenty of squares coming in I won't have to make the center piece larger like I thought. If there are any extras, I will make a pillow to match.

I cancelled the cheap camera I had gotten the first time and decided to invest in a better one, so there will be pics. The ghan may be fully assembled by the time it gets here, but one way or another, the picture will be posted.

Thank you to all you angels out there, for helping all of my family bear up under the load of this event.

:hug

I have 4 squares 4u in cream and bone color. They will go out 2day if hubby remembers to stop by the po on his lunch break.

Thank you Goldiepel, from the whole family. :manyheart My dear neighbor is amazed over all the packages coming in. He is so impressed with how everyone rallies together to support each other in events like this.

Thanks Tampa Doll, with your fabulous crochet totes keeping you busy, I am thrilled you took the time to send us some squares.

I hope I thanked everyone, :think . With all the packages that have been coming and going, I have been loosing track :( and don't want anyone to think that I don't appreciate all that you have done. I have attached the return addresses to the squares with safety pins so I don't get too confused. (I was saving the whole envelopes, but it was taking up too much space in this tiny room).

I feel very blessed to know you all....:yes

Dear Kelly, received your 2 lovely squares today. Can't help but be especially fond of the one with the star applique. He is the star in my dd's life....

Vicky, the squares are lovely, and so many of them. With the ones coming in soon, I have enough to make a ghan over 6' square (he is a big man), and a two extra for a pillow for both of them. (That is where I will put the 3 dimensional extra fancy ones, I think the star to represent Jim {from hubby swap partner}, and the large flower for Lee {made & sent in for Lisa}).

I won't have to use the bigger square I made for the center of the ghan, because of all the wonderful squares that came in, and will use it for the pillow backing.

Mary Jo, received yours today and they are very nice and fit into the scheme perfectly.

I am joining the squares with sage green the same as the pillow backing.

I am also glad that the pics didn't come out right, as I would have missed all the ones I received recently.

I wonder if the mailman will think he is on vacation once all the packages stop coming in...

Once Goldie's squares arrive I will proceed to put them together. :yes:yay:hook:manyheart

I hope you get them in a decent amount of time. Some times the mail moves fast and other times slower then molasses and they are talking about closing PO in the smaller areas. That will hit me, I'll have to drive 40 miles to mail a package, arggg.

Goldie

I hope you get them in a decent amount of time. Some times the mail moves fast and other times slower then molasses and they are talking about closing PO in the smaller areas. That will hit me, I'll have to drive 40 miles to mail a package, arggg.

Goldie

Oh wow, Goldie, that would be horrid. Might be worth investing in something like that program where you could print labels and postage from home for packages, and the postman picks them up (if you do a lot of them). I have been thinking of checking it out myself, since I can't drive. We don't have a PO in our town, we have to use a neighboring towns PO.

Some places won't even let us use the real name of our town, only the name of the town our mail goes to.

Jim & Lee back from DE. Had Dr appt today, spent 2 1/2 hours there. All tests are in.

Results are that in addition to the stroke, he has officially been diagnosed with MS.

I don't know what to say, or even how to say it.

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

for all who have made this comfortghan project a success. Now it is in God's hands...

May the good Lord Bless and Keep all the Angels who came to our rescue...

Went to visit dd and Jim today to give them comfortghan and pillow.

Lee dug out her camera and took pics, so here they are.:yay

Afghan and Pillow This is a king size bed so it is a big ghan...

post-14620-135897440935_thumb.jpg

Homemade card and map of US indicating how many people from the states donated squares. (Just realized one square is not in pic, it is on the other side of the pillow...)

I placed a rhinestone on each state that squares came from.

post-14620-135897440941_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897440944_thumb.jpg

we just wanted to thank all of you for the beautifull squares and all of your prayers. and thank you mom for putting it all together. it is very much appreciated. dh has a drs appointment tomorrow i will post and let everyone know what happened. dh also hurt his foot today and now is having a hard time putting weight on it. we will ask dr tomorrow about it.:hug:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:hug:hug:hug:hug

The afghan looks great. I love the idea of the map and the card, so they know where they all came from.

Glad is was well received and hopefully the hugs and prayers crocheted in it, will work.:hook

well here is an update. we went to the neurologist just to find out that dh didnt have a stroke afterall. the whole episode was caused by ms. i saw the mri of his brain and he has alot of lesions on his brain. and when i say alot i mean more than 20. the one that caused this episode was the size of a large gumball. so now he has to choose between one of 4 medications that he has to inject for the rest of his life. and on top of that as if he didnt have enough problems walking, we found out that when he hurt his foot teusday morning he broke it. so now he is wearing a removable cast that he has to learn to walk in. :eek for 4 weeks. this is going to be fun. well theres the update. thank you all again for the comfortghan and all of your prayers. it is verymuch appreciated. :hug:hug:hug:manyheart:hug:hug:hug

well here is an update. we went to the neurologist just to find out that dh didnt have a stroke afterall. the whole episode was caused by ms. i saw the mri of his brain and he has alot of lesions on his brain. and when i say alot i mean more than 20. the one that caused this episode was the size of a large gumball. so now he has to choose between one of 4 medications that he has to inject for the rest of his life. and on top of that as if he didnt have enough problems walking, we found out that when he hurt his foot teusday morning he broke it. so now he is wearing a removable cast that he has to learn to walk in. :eek for 4 weeks. this is going to be fun. well theres the update. thank you all again for the comfortghan and all of your prayers. it is verymuch appreciated. :hug:hug:hug:manyheart:hug:hug:hug

When it rains it pours. At least you now know what was causing the problem. Jimmy is continue to stay in our prayers. :hug

I couldn't believe there was a package waiting for me when we returned from vacation on Sat.!! What a kind and thoughtful thing for you to do!!! I love the bookmark! It was so totally unnecessary but so lovely and welcome! Hope the ghan brings much comfort ! Charlene

How very kind of you, THANK YOU so much for the bookmark. How did you know I lost my old one. It was my pleasure making the squares for the comfortghan, it turned out beautiful. Everyone did a great job, including you putting it together.

Debbie

Archived