Babykids 18" BABY -image intense

darski

• 4 weeks later...
I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

Hi Darlene,

Thank you for allowing other crocheters to use your pattern to create garments to sell. This is one of the few crocheted baby boy items that I would bother to make even if it is for a doll. I could definitely see it as a premie outfit for a real baby as it grows!

I can never understand why someone puts a pattern online and then says you can sell the completed garment-why put it out there for people to make if it can't be resold? If I make something from another person's pattern I put a hangtag in it giving that person credit and along with the location of the pattern. And selling a designer's pattern for your own profit is a big no-no in my book; it's almost like selling your child! A lot of love and work go into the making of those designs.

Thanks again for the lovely pattern, a winner for sure!

Cathy Champion

Actually there is no law what-so-ever that states you cannot sell created items, no matter where the pattern comes from. The ones who say not to sell created items have no clue what they are talking about. People who make things can sell them with no worries, even if the "site" or "person" says they cant. Feel free to look into this yourselves guys. And yeah.. I agree with you, I think its pretty selfish to even say something like that to people... and its just plain incorrect.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Archived