(( Hugs )) 15 inch doll

darski

(( Hugs )) 15 inch doll :pinterest

post-4896-135897418725_thumb.jpg

CAUTION – contains knitting instructions

post-4896-135897418731_thumb.jpg

The jeans are made with an old Phentex yarn that is less weighty than a usual #4 WW yarn. The hot pink top is made using RH Kids™ yarn. The ‘huggy’ Shrug is made with RH comfort in a rose varigated #4054. I used various needles and hooks as stated throughout the pattern.

The top… with lighter WW yarn and 4.5mm hook:

post-4896-135897418736_thumb.jpg

Ch 32,

Row 1:Dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next, 2d in next 2 dc, dc in 5, 2 dc in next 2 dc, dc in 6, 2dc in next 2, dc in 5, 2dc in next 2, dc in 3. ch 1 turn.

Row 2, sc in 5 ch2, sc in 9, ch 2, sc in 10, ch 2, sc in 9, ch2, sc in 5. ch 3 and turn ( or get up there any way you like J )

Row 3: dc up to and into ch 2 space, ch1 and work sc along post of dc just made, sc in ch 2 space and across the 9 sleeve sts, sc in ch 2 sp, ch 2 (or 3), dc across 10 bodice front sts, dc in ch 2, ch1 and work sc along post of dc just made, sc in ch 2 space and across the 9 sleeve sts, ch 2 (or 3) , dc in 5 back sts. Ch 1 turn

Row 4: sc in 6 dc, ch 8, sc in 12 front st, (skip the sleeve sts), ch 8, sc across 6 back sts, ch 5 tightly for button loop and sl st in last sc of row. Ch 2, turn.

Row5: dc in 2, 3dc in next twice, dc in 8 ch sts, 3 dc in sc, dc in next 4 sc, dc – tr in next st, tr-dc in next, dc in 4, 3dc in next, dc in each of 8 ch, 3dc in sc, dc in 2, 3dc in next, dc in 2,

Row 6 : sc in every st across. Ch 2 and turn.

Row 7: dc in 24, 2dc in next 2, dc to end

post-4896-135897418744_thumb.jpg

You should now be at the bottom left side…

. Sc along the left edge,

. work a ch 3, sc in next along the neck edge

. sc down the right edge making one more button loop at the top,

. work [sc, ch 3, sk 1, sc in next] along the hem edge. Break off, secure and tidy all ends.

sew on pretty buttons and trim as you wish.

The Jeanswith 5.mm hook and denim style yarn…

post-4896-135897418743_thumb.jpg

Legs… work 2 and do not break off after the 2nd leg.

Note: the ch 2 is a beginning dc.

Ch 17 – join to form a ring

Row 1: dc in each ch, join and ch 2 (or 3)

Row 2: 2dc in next dc, dc to end. join and ch 2

Row 3: dc evenly around, join and ch 2

Row 4: dc in each dc to end, 2 dc in last, join and ch 2

Row 5:dc evenly around, join and ch 2

Row 6: 2dc in next dc, dc to end, join and ch 2

Row 7: dc evenly around, join and ch 2

Row 8: dc in each dc to end, 2 dc in last dc….

Your rows will now begin and end at Centre Front.

T Row 1: Align the two legs and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in dc around the leg sections, Put the first dc in the same stitch as the sc join.

It might be helpful here to go to the back to Mark out your increase stitches. Put markers in the stitches that are 5 from the Centre Back join on each side.

Dc to your first marker… work [2dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 2dc] over the five stitches, work 3 TR into the CB join, work [ ] again then continue in dc to beginning of row being sure to put stitch in sc-joined stitch on this side, join.

Row T2-T5: work evenly in dc.

Row T6: work a row of sc around an elastic waistband. Join. Break off and tidy all ends.

The KNITTED Huggy Shrug...

N.B. this pattern uses Short rows to get the scalloped look in the back For a short row, you knit over only so many stitches then you knit back over those same stitches so that only those stitches increase.

WW yarn and 5.5mm and 5.0mm needles.

post-4896-135897418746_thumb.jpg

CO 38 sts with 5.5mm needles (or an uneven multiple of 2)

Row 1: k2, p2 to end

Row 2: P2, k2 to end

Work these two rows until piece is 2.5 inches long.

Switch to 5mm needles and work in stockinet for 5 inches. Switch back to 5.5mm needles.

K2, p2 ribbing for 2 rows.

Begin Short row work…

K2, p2, place marker (pm)continue k2, p2 ribbing to last 4 sts, pm turn and knit back( k2, p2) to first marker, turn and knit to end in k2, p2 ribbing. Remove markers as you come to them..

Continue to work in k2, p2 ribbing until the edge sts are 2.5inch. Bind Off.

Fold the shrug in half so that the ribbed edges match. Sew along the ribbed part on each side leaving the stockinette area open. Tidy all ends.

post-4896-135897418749_thumb.jpg

10” x 11”

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2009

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897418729_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897418733_thumb.jpg

Very sweet but the four letter word: k.n.i.t leaves me out. :(

That's why it has a big warning label. :rofl :rofl :rofl

I considered trying a crochet version but for something that small, crochet would be too stiff for my liking. You could just :crocheting a square to the size with FPdc ridges at each end and see if it works out for you.

Thank you all for your encouragement.

• 8 years later...

Archived