186 members have voted

1. 1. How much time do you crochet.

• Couple hours a day
    • Several hours a day
    • Couple hours a week
    • Several hours a week
    • When I feel up to it
    • Every spare moment

I go through phases. I'll spend about three months crocheting intensely, and then I won't touch the hooks at all for a few more months. When I'm in my crocheting zone, I usually work pretty quickly, but that's because I start to devote almost all my free time to working on a project.

This describes me as well; esp. since it's summer and too hot to crochet much!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently, I crochet a few hours every night while watching tv with my hubby. After working all day, it relaxes me. But I will be losing some of this time starting next week. I return to college after 36 years of absence. What am I thinking? I would rather crochet!!!

I try to crochet or knit almost every night for at least two hours. It keeps my hands busy as I watch tv.

I also bring a project with if I know it will take a while, such as a doctor's office, meeting or any place else I can find to take a few moments to crochet or knit.

:manyheart

before opening a little booth in a new store, I just dabbled here and there, making cute little critters for everyone... since opening the store however...... well, pretty much all I do is sleep, eat, and crochet now :lol

• 3 weeks later...

I crochet in the morning after reading my Bible. Coffee, tv news and crochet from about 5;30am to about 7:30am. Sometimes I will pick it up in the afternoon if I have time

• 3 weeks later...

morning, afternoon,night ! I can`t get enough, crochetting is like reading a good book ... I just can`t put it down till I am finished . but I don`t crochet much in the summer ... maybe its my blood presure but the summers I just get to hot to work even with the air condition on .... So this is the beginning of my crochet season :)

Unfortunately, with my tendonitis, I can only do so much. Usually, I crochet in the mornings for about 1/2 hour with my morning coffee. :crocheting

If I do anything later on in the day, I have to take frequent breaks, so it's touch to get something done quickly.

In a cruel twist of fate, I don't seem to have the same issue with knitting -- but I like crocheting much more!

I just can't seem to watch the tv without the yarn nearby, unless, of course, I am on the internet! I spend way more time crocheting than anything else, besides work that is. And I am getting better about combining the computer and the crocheting, becoming a real multi tasker, I am!

I'm a beginner that started about a year ago. I learned a little and then stopped when hubby and I were house shopping. Bought a house in PA and started working on our upgrades. Just recently did I pick it back up again to finish a dishcloth and now working on my first blanket. I work full-time in NJ and don't get home till 6-6:30pm, cook dinner, clean up then relax and watch t.v. Weekends tend to get busy with chores or whatever else goes on. I too will pretty much crochet in the winter...especially when it's snowing. It's cozy to work on yarn in the extreme winter. Summer is too hot. I can't be bothered. Hubby jokes that I'll never finish my blanket but I will...in due time! LOL! When I'm in the mood then crocheting is fun and a breeze to learn. Otherwise when I'm tired I'll get impatient and probably make a mistake that will take me FOREVER to figure it out. LOL! I want to finish my project but since I crochet alone it's kind of boring sometimes....hubby sits with me, watches me and asks me questions. He gets involved and I feel like I'm doing it with someone after all. LOL!

I have been thinking I am a slow crocheter but now I am starting to think I just don't spend as much time crocheting as other do. I can go as much as 2 months (Mostly in the summer it is just to hot to mess with yarn) and never pick up a WIP. So just wondering how much you all crochet.

P.S. Loving your profile pic! ;)

I didn't vote because I'm in a weird space with my crocheting at the moment. I would have to say that when the bug has bitten me hard, I was crocheting every spare moment. But I just got through a couple of weeks where I didn't touch my hooks. Then this week, I was crocheting for a few hours every other day...just too many other things going on at the moment.

Crocheting is on my to do list every day, but at the moment, there are too many days where I get so caught up just trying to keep my house in order and then these last two weeks I've been sick with a cold and the first week you couldn't have paid me to even think about crocheting a stitch, let alone any viable project.

Still crocheting is my passion...but it seems like with this last year, me and crocheting have been kind of on vacation from one another. And I hate that.

Every chance I get. During lunch at work, in the car, I have a project with me at all times, just in case the opportunity arises. I even crochet at the club we belong to, I think the members would faint if I did not have my knitting with me.....yes after all these years I have a few that still ask what I am knitting, ugh!

I crochet at least a couple hours or more a day... I switch to smaller projects during the summer and the larger ones in the winter... Sometimes the smaller projects will be making squares to sew together in the winter...

• 1 year later...

It's like a very talented aritst once told me. "An artist HAS to paint everyday mom! It goes beyond anything and everything else!" So, if I miss a day to crochet, it's likely a small crcheters block, but they too pass!

I voted and then saw the poll was from 2009 but I guess it is still valid. :) My crochet time varies a great deal. I will get on a project and crochet more hours a day than I sleep but then I may not crochet for several days when there are other things going on. There was a time that I was obsessed and HAD to crochet every day. But I have passed that time and now I very much enjoy it, love to see others' projects, look through my books, but if I miss a day with my hooks, I am still okay. I spend too much time on the computer! Should be spending that time crocheting and I would have something to show for my time!

• 4 weeks later...

My son usually goes to bed between 9 and 10 and I will typically crochet for an hour or so after that before I hit the hay myself. Some days I skip it and just go to bed, other days I get more time to crochet during the day, but it probably averages out to about 5-6 hours I week, I guess. I've never really paid close attention though!

Even though I am unemployed, I still have my kids who aren't yet in school & our numerous animals to take care of.

I tend to crochet quite a bit though. I like to make a few squares every day, just to have in case I need them for something!

Archived