186 members have voted

1. 1. How much time do you crochet.

• Couple hours a day
    • Several hours a day
    • Couple hours a week
    • Several hours a week
    • When I feel up to it
    • Every spare moment

I have been thinking I am a slow crocheter but now I am starting to think I just don't spend as much time crocheting as other do. I can go as much as 2 months (Mostly in the summer it is just to hot to mess with yarn) and never pick up a WIP. So just wondering how much you all crochet.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to crochet a couple hours a day, then every spare moment - hauling it everywhere, but for some reason these days its just when I feel up to it. I guess the good side to that has been the cleaning out of my stash & selling off things I know I won't use to new owners who will love it & turn it into something special.

I'll get my mojo back sooner or later -seems I lose it about summertime, what with all the icky sticky humid weather. :blush

Several hours a day, especially if it's something I have deadline on, could be even more! But, you have to know, I don't have a DH anymore, no small children, etc. It's just me and my dogs :lol I don't do big meals for just me, I clean when I want to, work in yard when it's not to hot, you get the picture. Plus, by crocheting it keeps my hands busy and I don't want to put a cigarette in them. I quit a year ago and must have something in my hands whenever I'm not cleaning, working, on computer or in yard.

I like to crochet in the evening while watching TV. When I have grandsons for the night, I can't crochet until "little man" (10 months old) goes to bed around 8 p.m. The oldest one is 4 (he wants to learn to crochet) and doesn't mind if I crochet some, but some nights we need to read and snuggle or just play together. :) On the weekends when I don't have them, I crochet a lot. I also try to crochet on my lunch hour during the week. :crocheting

I chose "a couple hours a day" but it really varies. That's the average, though....

Occasionally I get burned out and put it down for awhile, then I get on a roll and that's all I do every chance I get. But I think a good average answer is a couple hours a day.

I am retired and my time should be my own, but I care for a handicapped person and have medical issues myself so sometimes although I want to I just can't. I mostly crochet in the evening when dh is glued to TV or asleep. I sneak in a few moments during the wee hours of the morning or in afternoon if he is taking a nap. It takes my mind off of other things. I would say I get in between 1 to 6 hours a day.

i am very blessed to be able to crochet at work when i am not busy. i am a 911 calltaker and work the night shift. i am allowed to crochet and read at work between phone calls. but when the line rings and i have been known to just sweep everything off in the floor if i get busy. i have to answer the line promptly and can pick the yarn and hook up. doesnt happen very often but i love my job and would not want this perk to be taken away.

I chose "when I feel up to it". I sometimes go weeks without picking up a hook because I get busy with other things. My husband and I have started our own business, and I volunteer at the state park he works at, plus I have the housework to do.

If I averaged it all out, I guess it would probably be about 10 hours a week - sometimes more, sometimes less. I rarely crochet more than a couple hours at a time or I get tingling and cramps in my fingers, even if I take a lot of breaks to stretch.

Probably every chance I get.:hook I always have a project in the van to work on:crocheting. One in front of the tv and of course one in the craft room:yarn. What am I saying one in the craft room. HA. 1/2 dozen projects in the craft/computer room.:manyheart

I crochet for about a half hr. before work. I also get in a few sts. while waiting at a signaled light on my way to work. You know some lights are longer than others.

And crochet a tid bit at home while watching TV.

jaye

It probably adds up to a few hours a week for me. It depends. Sometimes I don't crochet for 2 weeks if life/work gets too busy. I try to make time for it. I wish I could crochet every day, but I don't get the same satisfaction if I only crochet for a few minutes at a time. I need to sit down and take at least 45 minutes to "feel it"! :lol

I have been thinking I am a slow crocheter but now I am starting to think I just don't spend as much time crocheting as other do.

this describes my feelings too.

Some days I don't do any at all. I don't generally take a project with me when I go out, as I have very few if any places where I have to wait a long time. So I only crochet when I really feel like it. If i do try to rush myself i don't catch any "unplanned design elements" :lol as quickly as I would like.

I am a member of a stitching group so I like to be able to have some progress to show when we get together---that helps keep me motivated.

I checked "several hours a week" because it probably averages out to less than an hour a day. (My answer might be different in the winter, though!)

I'm my hubby's helper at work, so I don't get in too much crocheting time..Then when I'm not at work as of now, I surf the net for patterns..(Does that count) and then I'm off to deep clean my house..My kids keep it picked up mostly..Then off to another week..I would just love to sit down and crochet crochet crochet...

I go through phases. I'll spend about three months crocheting intensely, and then I won't touch the hooks at all for a few more months. When I'm in my crocheting zone, I usually work pretty quickly, but that's because I start to devote almost all my free time to working on a project.

Though I have been crocheting a lot of years I haven't been able to crochet a lot the last few due to hands/wrists/arms not wanting to co-operate. Now that I am able to crochet again I am trying to becareful and not over do it and burn them out fast so I have only been crocheting a few hours a day. Plus I have been switching projects numerous times while crocheting and taking breaks to check my work. :crocheting I'm finding that switching out from various fibers and hooks isn't stressing me as much.

I must say that I crochet every day but now that it is summer, I don't do it as long as in the winter. Since it stays light outside till late in the evening, I try to get some outside work done daily and then sit down to crochet.

In the winter I come home from work and automatically pick up my hook to crochet all evening.

Plus, I usually crochet in front of the tv and now all the shows are reruns of what I have seen, so I don't watch much tv now.

• 1 month later...

I take care of my sister in law for work, so on the way to and from work (I take the bus) and each spare moment at work, I spend working on some crochet project, which has been a Granny Ripple Aghan for the past few weeks. Some days I get at least five rows done. However once I get home, I tend to do other things like browse this site and get ready for bed.

Archived