"Sparkle" I Love This Yarn!

yarnhookncandle

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday...browsing the yarn and looking for any new colors. I looked down and what did I see but ILTY worsted weight "Sparkle" in Christmas colors, they had white, a beige color, black, red, green and C'Mas. varigated. Looks like the exact colors RedHeart used to have in the sparkle yarn but this is much nicer, soft and really pretty. I asked the sales lady if they would get in other sparkle colors (hoping for some C'Mas. blues) but she said she didn't know until they open the boxes what is coming in. Also saw new ILTY in "Tweed", not many colors to pick from and it looked a lot like RedHeart Tweed only softer.

After that I went to Michael's and new to me at least was Vanna White sparkle yarn but this is 2ply, still I had to have some, good for little drawstring bags as gifts.

Thought I would let everyone know.

Guess where I'm going on my lunch hour Monday? Hobby Lobby here I come!!! Maybe they will even have a coupon in tomorrows paper! I have a whole bin of Christmas yarn in the attic but I Love This Yarn is my very favorite!

Thanks for the news.:clap I absolutely love ILTY and their cotton too! Segi1974 turned me onto it when she and I wee swap partners. Now it is all I use. I only use their cotton now also, because it is the best!

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday...browsing the yarn and looking for any new colors. I looked down and what did I see but ILTY worsted weight "Sparkle" in Christmas colors, they had white, a beige color, black, red, green and C'Mas. varigated. Looks like the exact colors RedHeart used to have in the sparkle yarn but this is much nicer, soft and really pretty. I asked the sales lady if they would get in other sparkle colors (hoping for some C'Mas. blues) but she said she didn't know until they open the boxes what is coming in. Also saw new ILTY in "Tweed", not many colors to pick from and it looked a lot like RedHeart Tweed only softer.

After that I went to Michael's and new to me at least was Vanna White sparkle yarn but this is 2ply, still I had to have some, good for little drawstring bags as gifts.

You will have to keep me posted on this sparkle ILTY. Sounds real nice to me. I can say you are the best for getting me ILTY when I need it as I don't have a HL in my state.

Thanks for the news.:clap I absolutely love ILTY and their cotton too! Segi1974 turned me onto it when she and I wee swap partners. Now it is all I use. I only use their cotton now also, because it is the best!

Guess where I'm going on my lunch hour Monday? Hobby Lobby here I come!!! Maybe they will even have a coupon in tomorrows paper! I have a whole bin of Christmas yarn in the attic but I Love This Yarn is my very favorite!

Also, check their website. They usually post a 40% off coupon the same week they have one in the paper. I use both if I need more than one thing that week.

:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...
Sparkle hum...... I needed a reason to go to Hobby Lobby :rofl Is it (the sparkle) wound like a pompador? Or fuzzy?

:mug:cat:yarn

Like a Pompador.:)

ILTY also comes in a sport weight and a wool blend :lol

I've got to get some. I am making Christmas elves and the sparkle would look great for their shirts. I picked up a small skein of Vanna's Glamour. It's sapphire. I just have to come with something to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I went and bought some yesterday to make a small Christmas afghan. I got 2 skeins of Xmas sparkle and 1 skein of white sparkle, and it's pretty good to work with! The sparkle thread is kind of scratchy on your hands after about an hour or two, but if you don't work too tightly, it's great! I'm getting eight 6"x6" granny squares per skein (I hook). I'll definitely be going back to get more!! It's the perfect time of year, too - the Christmas colors are on the shelves, so stock up!

I love I love this yarn! :manyheart

SPARKLE YARN is now online!!!! It is the last two "pages" of the ILTY listing!! Careful, some of the sparkles are mixed in with the solid colors.

Enjoy!!!!!

Debbie

I too am waiting for blue sparkle???!!

Hopefully it will go on sale soon!

It's online - yay!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Now those of us that live without a nearby HL can get some too!!! :yes

Sounds like this yarn is better than the red heart sparkle when I had the red heart it split and tangle very easy and I won't buy that again. I have to check this yarn out.

SPARKLE YARN is now online!!!! It is the last two "pages" of the ILTY listing!! Careful, some of the sparkles are mixed in with the solid colors.

Enjoy!!!!!

Debbie

I too am waiting for blue sparkle???!!

Hopefully it will go on sale soon!

I hope it goes on sale too. I just received my order on Monday when the yarn was on sale last week. Hopefully, it will be back on sale and I'll be ordering more.

My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

LI Roe

Aww! :( I love sparkly yarns. I've been really missing the Red Heart sparkle yarn. Made for some really lovely starghans. I miss Hobby Lobby! :cry

Let me know if you ever want me to pick you up any from the Hobby Lobby in Rochester -- my husband's brother lives down that way so whenever there is a "yarn emergency" I tell my husband it's time to go visit his brother!! :lol

• 1 year later...

Yes, they do have sparkle blues and it is all that and a bag of chips. I brought the sparkle blue (navy) because I have a sparkle blue (lighter) scarf already made, didn't realize they were different blues. I also brought the sparkle black w/ silver and I hope to make a great poncho to sell. The blue since it doesn't match the scarf I was planning on putting a hat with, I am making (work in progress) a shawl and it is beautiful if I must say so and soft. also holly hobby has an on-line shop! I also don't mind getting yarn and shipping as long as you pay.

Hi! And I got some too, I got green, and red, to finish up Christmas project, had the white and black sparkle from last year, and some varigated, but I saw at my Hobby Lobby, the pretties BLUE sparkle, and some deep PURPLE, had to have um both......he he he......

Archived